After seeing this picture in our photo gallery of ideas for a Mother’s Day Alfresco Lunch, I’ve been on a quest to find the recipe.
I reached out to our friends at food.com and I believe we found it! For me, this recipe discovery is an early Mother’s Day gift. Now if only my sons could make them for me without injuring themselves, destroying my kitchen and/or burning down our house.
Lemon Cheesecake Bars
1/4 lb butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups flour
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1. Line an 8″ or 9″ square pan with a sheet of aluminum foil that extends 2′ beyond two sides of the pan.
2. Grate 1 teaspoon of the yellow zest from a lemon and squeeze 3 tablespoons lemon juice and set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine butter, salt, 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest and 1/4 cup sugar and beat until creamy. Add flour and mix on a low speed until crumbly. Beat in 1 tablespoon lemon juice until dough holds together.
4. Press dough into bottom of prepared pan. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 350°.
6. Remove the pan from the refrigerator and bake in the oven until the dough becomes golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven to cool.
7. In a bowl, beat cream cheese with 2/3 cup sugar until smooth. Mix in eggs, 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Pour cream cheese mixture over cooled crust in the prepared pan.
8. Bake at 350° until the cheesecake is firm and top puffs, about 35 to 40 minutes.
9. Cool completely. Then, refrigerate until cold. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before cutting.
10. Lift cheesecake out of the pan using foil as handles and cut into squares.
To make it picture perfect…
11. Set it on a cake pedestal and sprinkle with powdered sugar!