Amy Howard at Home has a very exciting product out — High Performance Furniture Lacquer (in a spray can!).

If you’ve ever wished for a thick, rich, hard-high-gloss finish of actual lacquer on a piece of furniture, frame or home decor — Amy’s paint is for you. Just prime your piece, spray it on — and a pale, faded piece of furniture transforms into an edgy, chic high-fashion statement piece set in lacquer. And did I mention it’s in an easy-to-use SPRAY CAN?!

EXTRA: MORE ON LACQUER FROM HGTV >>

Lacquer Spray Paint

Lacquer Spray Paint

Photos From Amy Howard at Home

Furniture, Products

1. Dede says:

You can spray over anything with this paint. I have used it on dressers, night stands, bed trays, cane backed sofa, etc. and each and every piece has come out perfect.

2. Cyndi says:

I have an old 1970s French Provincial dresser and night stand that was white and gold lacquer . They were white but have yellowed over time. I want to freshen these up and need help with how to do so! Will I need to sand and prime or can I just spray this right over the old lacquer?

3. orit says:

i would like to use this on an old baby grand piano . any thoughts or helpful suggestions are welcome

4. mrhype@hotmail .com says:

Where to buy red lacquer spray paint in Australia..

5. ginette bedard says:

I would like to redo my kitchen cabinets with this paint. Any advice ? I want them to be shiny and smooth!

6. Anette says:

How much does 12 oz cover? Painting a tall Book case 46 by 70. 12 deep?

7. Peter says:

Great!This is exactly what I'm looking for.

8. Kristen says:

Yes! It does have that sleek, even finish of a high performance lacquer! I saw it at Market…Amy Howard had lacquered a cute thrift shop table, and it was gorgeous! Sleek, smooth and modern!

Grant DudleyGrant is the editor-in-chief of Design Happens and digital programming manager of HGTV.com. Despite growing up begging his mom not to ever drag him to another antique store, today his...

See What We’re Pinning