Folks, it’s finally time. If you’ve been following along while I decorate the nursery for my baby boy, you’ve seen me through mood boards high and low, prepping the room for paint, painting a graphic herringbone accent wall, adventures in Craigslisting, and a bunch of crafty projects from monogrammed string art, to custom onesies, and even a cloud mobile. I hung an eclectic gallery wall, and I even made a rocking sheep! All of that, on top of…you know, gestating an actual baby, has me feeling pretty productive. And now, I’m excited to show you the final results. But first, take a moment to look at the before pictures.

Oh my, we’ve come a long way from that sad junk-filled room. Are you ready for the after?

The Nursery Files: After

The Nursery Files: After

The Nursery Files: Art Wall

The Nursery Files: Details

The Nursery Files: Details

It feels great to have the room done, and I just love how it came together. And none too soon, the baby will be here any day now!

Design Inspiration, DIY

1. Lili_HGTV says:

It's so wonderful, Marianne! All the pieces come together really, really nicely. Good job, now you just need a baby to put in it.

2. It is gorgeous, sweet, and so full of personality. I love it!

3. Leanne Potts says:

Gorgeous. You put so much of yourself in it, which is wonderful
    Can you come rescue my sad junk room?

4. jessicaykr says:

Ugh I love it so much, you guys did great!

5. Liz_HGTV says:

I love it! Especially the wall and the cloud pillow. Baby Canada will look great in there!

6. RSS says:

I love it! It's so unique and everything just came right together. I know you're proud of this nursery and you should be!

7. Briana@HGTV says:

Beautiful, just like I know your boy will be!

8. Marisa says:

So cute! I love the riding horse idea! I am doing a nautical theme in my son's nursery and would love to know where you found the anchor toy storage container.

9. Heather says:

Looks great! Just curious what happened to the hula lamp and tile table that were "staying"?

• Thank you Heather! I ended up having a lot of trouble finding a shade to fit the lamp, so it's in storage for now. While the room was empty the tile table moved out to my porch and I ended up loving it there!