Last week, the HGTV editors got this goodie basket from Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan. We were very excited to get our hands on this paint, to say the least. Why, you ask? Because this paint can go on virtually any surface. Wood, ceramic, metal, outdoor furniture, canvas — you name it, you can paint on it without any paint prep. The chalky texture allows you to get any finish you like, whether it’s smooth or distressed. It’s low VOC, non-toxic and dries within minutes — seriously, it dries faster than my nail polish does.

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

Now that I have your attention, check out the 30 amazing colors you can choose from. My favorite is the Henrietta, but Paris Grey was a popular choice amongst the editors (you can even mix or layer the colors to get the perfect shade). Kayla used the two colors for her table project, which took less than 30 minutes from start to finish. All she did was add painters tape, paint and peel. No preparation was necessary!

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

If you’d like to go for an antique look, just grab a rag or cloth. Jessica painted a metal planter in the color Florence. To get an antique finish, she wiped the crevices with a cloth while the paint was still a little wet. To give it a true aged look, add a small amount of Annie Sloan wax to your paint brush and dab it on your project. Presto!

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

This paint is great for all the Craigslist furniture junkies out there. If you have any pieces you don’t know what to do with, this paint will make your life a whole lot easier.

So tell us, what project would you like to try with this paint?

Find a retailer near you>>

Products, Shopping

1. Deneen says:

I love this paint and have used it a lot on vintage furniture. It is a favorite and I talk about it a lot on my blog. Here is one I love that I layered with a couple of colors http://dreaming-n-color.blogspot.com/2013/03/blue

2. Lindsay Glass says:

I don't have any experience with paint projects like this, but you certainly seem to know what you are doing! I am wondering if I can refinish, in a distressed fashion, these very large, ornate mercury candlestick holders that I have. Is it possible to totally disguise that they are mercury?

3. Missy Mangum says:

I have an old desk that I want to use in my mudroom and think that the Greek blue is beautiful. I want a glossy finish, is that possible?

• Bren says:

Yes, you can get a somewhat glossy finish by buffing the piece after waiting 24 hours after waxing. If you want a super smooth surface lightly sand with 600 grit sandpaper between coats and before applying clear wax.

4. [...] VOC, non-toxic and dries within minutes — seriously, it dries faster than my nail polish does. Read more… News on the [...]

5. RLK says:

Is it possible to chalk paint outdoor rusty metal furniture without prepparation.

6. cindy vasquez says:

can you use chalk paint over exsisting painted furniture

7. Judy Anderson says:

Yes, I have a smoky coloured glass table and wondered how the chalk paint would work on it. Would it be better to paint the underside? It has some scratches on it too, as I think it is about 25 years old..
    thank you in advance..

8. Judy Anderson says:

I also have some old white lawn furniture, lounge chairs, that are perfectly fine, except they look a little weather worn with the white not so white anymore. Would love to try painting them, and get some old, perhaps in good shape chair cushions and paint them too.

9. Spray Slim says:

Amazing issues here. I’m very happy to look your post.
    Thanks so much and I am looking forward to touch you.

Will you please drop me a mail?

Feel free to visit my website … Spray Slim

10. ck2.it says:

you ɑre in reality ɑ just right webmasteг. The website loading velocity is amazing.

It sort of feels that you are doing any Ԁistinctive trick.

Furthermore, The contents are masterpiecе. you’ve done a wonderful tazsk on this subϳеct!