Summer is well underway and that means the party is headed outside. My family loves the Fourth of July in particular, especially my dad (he can’t buy enough fireworks). This year I’m adding to the festivities with this patriotic and surprisingly fun Ring Toss game. Every holiday is enhanced by a little friendly competition, don’t you think?

With a few inexpensive and easy-to-find materials and an hour of work, you’ll have your own fun lawn game to play on the Fourth of July, and all summer.

Fourth of July Ring Toss

What are your plans for the Fourth?

Missed an episode of Weekday Crafternoon? Get them all, and more from Marianne, right here.

data-gallery-title="9 Simply Chic Fourth of July Entertaining Ideas"

data-gallery-caption="Make your gathering both patriotic and practical."

data-gallery-length="9">

1. I don't know whose idea it was to use a US flag as a table cover, that is wrong and a horrid idea. It insults our flag, the military who have fought and died defending that flag. I find it appalling that your stylists are that ignorant of the Flag code

2. Eric Schlene says:

Even the flag patches on napkins suggested above violate the spirit of respect that should apply to old glory.

• Eric Schlene says:

Do you realize that our POWs (including Senator McCain) were subject to beatings and torture for fashioning ad-hoc flags out of scraps of material. That flag represents something beyond a table decoration! I'm speechless that you would think it ok to wipe dribble from your chin with it.

3. Lowell Von Egger says:

Any use of the flag other than appropriate display as a flag, or a patch on certain uniforms is a violation of flag etiquette. It certainly shouldn't be used as a table linen. The napkins are a particularly offensive idea since they will be soiled and no doubt dropped on the floor. These are really tone-deaf dumb ideas.

4. I don't know whose idea it was to use a US flag as a table cover, that is wrong and a horrid idea. It insults our flag, the military who have fought and died defending that flag. I find it appalling that your stylists are that ignorant of the Flag code

5. Mary says:

How dare you re post that picture showing that it is ok to use our Flag as a table cloth. You removed it yesterday after the outrage yet this morning it is back. HOW DARE YOU !!!!!

6. Guest says:

HGTV is anti-American! Who hired the trolls who cooked up the idea of using our flag as a tablecloth? All of them need to be canned. You can count on me NOT watching the channel any longer nor visiting your website. Shame on you in the strongest terms possible!!!

7. love says:

By estremista the world is as it , is it is a country of freedom . With all respect to the homeland and to the flag

8. Linda says:

how could you use our beloved flag that way

9. madmoney0 says:

I don't mind using the COLORS of the flag to coordinate a "pretty" table: HOWEVER: NOT THE FLAG ITSELF!!!! That is disgraceful! I also don't like people wearing the flag itself. An "ornamental decoration on a tee-shirt or dress, etc. is fine, but I have seen the flag used as a "toga type" robe, a wrap-around beach cover-up, and other in appropriate "clothing"! Our country is in enough troubling times. Let's, at least keep our flag "sacred"!!

10. siinthpop says:

I loved the ring toss game project! Thank you!