The severe weather we’ve been having might confuse you, but we promise, summer really is right around the corner (June 21 to be exact). Inside the July/August issue of HGTV Magazine the season is in full bloom with tons of ideas on how to make over your outdoor space, bring the feel of the coast inside, and make everyone’s favorite warm-weather treat — ice cream — even more fun.

July August issue

If you’re one of our savvy subscribers, today is your lucky day — the latest issue may be at your door now. It hits newsstands for everyone else on June 18. Here’s a little taste of what you can expect to find inside our pages this month.

Whether you have a large back deck like this couple from Wilmington, NC, or just a simple side porch, there are loads of fun, bright, cozy ways you can make any outdoor space feel like an extension of your home. So don’t neglect your porch, patio, or deck: Steal the cool new and reused ideas featured here.

bright back deck

One family home near Marblehead Harbor, MA shows how you can bring the serenity of the coast indoors with cool ways to beach-up decor. But the truth is, these ideas work even if you’re landlocked. Who needs a vacation when you’ve got the calm of the shore all around you? Okay…we’d still need a vacation.

beach-decor

Always on the hunt for new decorating, remodeling, DIY-ing ideas? So are about 100,000 people who visit the home-improvement blog Young House Love each day. The couple behind the screen started their humble makeover journey and has since chronicled nearly every step on the web. Check out their handiwork before they do it all again in a new, bigger home.
young-house-office

Web exclusives and more from HGTV Magazine

Tell us, what are you loving about this latest issue? What is your favorite section of the magazine? What do you want to see more of? We’re listening.

1. [...] Last week, we hopped on a bus to Brooklyn’s IKEA for a day filled with a mix of work (that didn’t feel anything like “work”), play, and of course, a little shopping. Recognize the light fixture in the right photo? It’s nearly everywhere, including inside the bedroom featured in our latest July/August issue. [...]

2. Bev says:

Cannot even find page….

3. Beth says:

Does anyone know where the curtain on pg 45 is from?? It's not listed!

4. Maxine says:

Can someone send me the instructions for making paper flowers from colorful magazines using paper shredding scissors from (I believe) the July/August 2013 on-line magazine issue?

5. Susan says:

Looking for information on the curtain on page 45 July/August 2013 hgtv magazine

6. Mae Oliver says:

Cannot get to sweepstakes site

Meath

7. Donna Dyson says:

I just renewed my subscription for another year because I do love this magazine but reading all of these comments and seeing no reply, I really am wondering if I did the right thing by doing my renewal. Why no reply? Why no sweepstakes site? Do you not have someone that is over this site? I still love my HGTV magazine but we do need some answers.

8. Ethel Teleposky says:

I cannot get to the July survey sweepstakes site due to certificate error message. Will this problem be fixed?

9. Caroline says:

Tried to enter the July survey sweepstakes but could not find it.Love the magazine.

10. Susan says:

Any news on this? I would live to find these drapes