We talk amongst ourselves a lot here on the blog (hello, Defend the Trend dishfests), but we’re always looking to hear more from decorators, designers and design enthusiasts. Aka, you! That’s why we’re taking to Twitter with our burning style questions. If you’re not already getting updates from @hgtv and @hgtvdecorating, follow us today. And talk back to us — you never know, your Twitter insights could wind up on the blog.

This week, we wanted to know: What’s Your Biggest Design Pet Peeve?

I was expecting answers like avocado green bath fixtures or shag carpeting, but as it turns out, most of you seem to be annoyed by matching, whether it be in colors or furniture sets:

matching pink bedroom

(You’re probably hating this picture right now.)

“Having a very monochromatic room without any contrasting pieces. Can you say overkill?” -@KreatveCreatnz

“It drives me crazy when everything matches. Have a little fun and switch things up a little! Throw some color around!” -@EndlesslyJenn

“going too overboard with themed rooms & being too ‘matchy matchy’ with colors, using diff shades is better on the eyes.” -@lindsay_lajoie

“Pet peeve….a ‘matchy-matchy’ room. Individual pieces are so much more interesting.” -@LaFuenteImports

“a space that is too matchy-matchy. Rooms should feel like they evolved over time, not purchased from a store as a ‘set’…” -@gabbi_zac

Also bugging you folks: Overcrowding (@DEMuha2500), too much texture on walls in homes with pets and kids (@mammafaus), overwhelmingly brown color palettes (@kcrox26), garages on the front of homes (@_MrsFerguson_), failure to see anything other than entry & exit (@socetious), electricians who cut holes larger than switch plate covers and outlet covers (@Blissitydoodah), when interior designers remove TVs because they don’t know how to incorporate them (@anthonycgonza), cluttered eclectic looks (@MareyPony), plastic-covered furniture (@FromWineToWhine), not replacing old, overgrown shrubs (@dsparkhill) and when decorators don’t take clients’ tastes into consideration (@GSand1804).

I feel like we’ve learned a lot about each other…and about design. Stay tuned for our next hot topic on Twitter and, hey, don’t be afraid to sound off in the comments below!

1. GHW says:

You got rid of Paula, so I get rid of you.

2. Jackie says:

This is the home of the free not freeloaders. , get this.border thing right.

3. Patty says:

How DARE these executives think themselves "SO PERFECT" that they have never made a mistake!! To fire Paula over something that happened 35-40 years ago is despicable and uncalled for. If someone held a gun to your head and you didn't know if you were going to live or die within seconds….what would you think of the person!! You FN people had no business firing Paula for this. I dare say that some of you were even born when this happened. So, lets dig up your passed and fire you for something you did 20 or 30 years ago!!

GET HER BACK NOW!!……That is, if she even wants to return after what you all did to her!!!!!!!!!!!

• Patty says:

the line…" I dare say that some of you were even born…" should read "were not even born…" sorry. See even I make mistakes.

4. Patty says:

In my last post, the line…" I dare say that some of you were even born…" should read… "were NOT even born…" sorry. See even I make mistakes. –

5. Patty says:

CORRECTION: In the last post the line…" I dare say that some of you were even born…" should read "were NOT even born"… and passed should read past…. sorry. See even I make mistakes.

6. Sandra says:

I am so angry with the Food Network over what they have done to Paula. Can all of you honestly you have never said the n word or how about the f word I'm sure that is okay for you but it is offending to me so why don't you all that have said that lose your jobs. Paula has made your network what it is today. You should all be ashamed. I hope you go off the air. Oh and by the way you should talk to Giada for wearing such a revealing dress on the Emmy's she was falling out of it but I guess that is okay to show your boobs.

7. j. pappas says:

Shame on you food net work for letting paula go. I will not be watching your channel.

8. Claudia says:

Are you people serious??? You should be ashamed of yourselves, you take the biggest money maker and one of your hottest tickets and fire her for some racially hurtful word she said decades ago. She is from the south as my husband is, and he says that was common no one thought anything of it. The Blacks called the white people, honkey, white-boy, whitey and other names. No one really knew any better back then. Your thinking on this one was so irrational I think you all better re-think. I know a-lot of people that will no longer watch Food Network, nor participate in Food Network. Has anyone of you hear the saying "Those without Sin, cast the first stone?" John 8:7. You all should read it. Paula is such a kind, giving, generous, and fun-loving person with a belly laugh that is so infectious. Paula has spent her whole life working her way up from nothing into the Super Star that she is today. You did not create Paula Dean, she created herself before she ever started with you. She will survive just great without you, but will you be able to say the same?

9. shaye2014 says:

biggest design peeves: Not placing chairs facing TV. Even the HGTV 2012 home had a bench facing the TV and all the comfortable chairs facing each other. Also placing the TV above the fireplace–too high. And having entry from the garage too far from the kitchen–you don't want to have to lug your groceries all through the house.
    (I'm also upset about Paula's firing, but this wasn't the topic here)

10. Pam sanders says:

I cannot believe you have taken Paula Dean off the FNC!!!!!! Martha Stewart was all over TV and she's a convicted felon, having done time in prison. How prejudiced can YOU be? She made one comment, in jest I'm sure, and you are crucifying her. We have all made jokes, whether religious, racial,etc. You hypocrites!,,!! Do you just not like Southerners maybe? I'll NEVER watch FNC again! !!!