Featured

Love It or List It‘s David Visentin and Hilary Farr are here to help!

Love It or List It hosts

Have a question about buying or selling a house? What about renovation projects? Submit all questions to hgtvmagazine@hearst.com with the subject line Love It or List It for a chance to have your answer appear in an upcoming issue. ONLY questions received via email will be considered. Must include full name and hometown.

1. Labdzine says:

Love Hilary, she has the patience of a saint. So many times owners are ridiculously blind and expect her to pull rabbits out of her hat. I love her attitude and demeanor. I was wondering . . . . the computer program that Hilary's assistant uses on her Ipad, what is it ??? I use 20/20 technologies and it is NOT that instant or easy. Please, Please, Please let me know, I would love to invest in it :)

2. Susan Andrews says:

I love the show, Hilary and David, you do amazing work; my question is:
    where does the owner's belongings go during renovation?

3. Cindy says:

love this show but really some of the budgets are unrealistic. I would love for them to just come and do some updates on my house but what we have done has cost much less with bargain prices. I can't get over the fact that Hilary doesn't go over the renovation plans before they start tearing into the projects, as for david, reality check soe of the homes he shows are way over the top, you should all come to iowa in our small town most houses range from 85,000 some higher but most lower back here you can really get a lot of house for 150,000.

4. Shyla says:

How do you pick the clients you work with? And how can an someone become a client? I love your the show. We always get great ideas from Hilary.

5. Crystal says:

I really love the show and it among my favorites in the HGTV family, BUT the excessive "problems" that seem to happen when designing the remodels is getting ridiculous. When you see a 100 yr old home, you KNOW there is structural, electrical and plumbing issues. Come on. Even with newer homes there is ALWAYS seems to be not one, two but ALWAYS several problems that ALWAYS results in the client NOT getting something that the budgeted for. Some of these things could fall back on the builders. Some of the budgets are more than sufficient but not on your show. Beginning to wonder what is actually legitimate. The design items chosen are beautiful but, really? the most expensive options? with lots of "custom" items? Your contractor never seems to be able to appropriately price out the projects with any accuracy. How much of this is for drama & ratings? I hope this doesn't get as stupid as Trading Spaces got. I want to continue watching the show but the over melodramatic stuff needs to be minimized. I would LOVE to see a home on the show that was actually finished with the budget given. The producers need to rethink the "drama" or risk loosing more viewers.

6. judy says:

I like the show but like many others, the "acting" is so bad I keep on changing the channel until the end. Please,please stop the dumb drama and just show how to fix up the old and fix up the new

7. Maluvatienza says:

I love the shoe storage used in one of the episodes. Where can I get it?

8. Summgardner says:

I love this show! I t is so funny when David and Hillary banter back and forth, and both are so talented in their own right: real estate and design. Please keep this show on the air!

9. Jan Osbourne says:

So tired of the irate customers. Love the show but hating the ungrateful clients. Sending wrong message of how to resolve problems and talk to people trying to help you

10. Judy Downard says:

I love your comment. I agree totally. I'm sick and tired of shows becoming "reality shows".

11. Watcher,not avid says:

They get the chance to be on "TV", to try their hand at "acting", and not least to make a change they might otherwise not make.

12. done with it says:

I agree!!! Every single episode is centered around either the homeowner's arguing with each other or the hosts arguing with each other or the hosts arguing with the homeowner's. I used to love HGTV but avoid it at all costs. I watch tv to relax, not get irritated by nasty people who can't talk nice to each other. Complain, complain, complain.

13. Dee says:

I had a NEW bathroom with sumpump created from scratch for $20,000!
    She RIPS PEOPLE OFF!!!! A young woman gave her life savings of $50K to renovate her parents bathroom (most important) on her list and because Hillary didn't want to re-wire/re-pipe, all she did was put up a stone wall around an gas fire place and renovate the kitchen FOR $50K what a RIP OFF! Another couple gave her $75K to renovate a farm home and she came into the typical wire issues and they lose their mudroom??? I am SOO tired of watching ppl get ROBBED!!! I would NEVER TRUST HER!

14. ALLISON LYNNE says:

BTR
    PRUPLE
    KENDALL
    JAMES

BROWN BLACK

16. JCDesigns says:

Hilary has great design skills, but she is greatly hampered by her contractor Eddie. Eddie might be an ok contractor for some projects, but he is not exactly the most knowledgeable contractor! He told Hilary that she was stuck with a support column in the middle of a living room, when he COULD have installed an LVL into the ceiling above to support the span,… totally cluelesss…many other examples of his lack of knowledge, but too many to list here!