Love It or List It‘s David Visentin and Hilary Farr are here to help!

Love It or List It hosts

Have a question about buying or selling a house? What about renovation projects? Submit all questions to hgtvmagazine@hearst.com with the subject line Love It or List It for a chance to have your answer appear in an upcoming issue. ONLY questions received via email will be considered. Must include full name and hometown.

1. G. Singh says:

I also question the hidden cost and always the contingency budget is gone and she needs more money . As for David he is always over budget by $50,000 or more thousand, like it is pocket change.

2. Judy Downard says:

I love your comment. I agree totally. I'm sick and tired of shows becoming "reality shows".

3. Watcher,not avid says:

They get the chance to be on "TV", to try their hand at "acting", and not least to make a change they might otherwise not make.

4. done with it says:

I agree!!! Every single episode is centered around either the homeowner's arguing with each other or the hosts arguing with each other or the hosts arguing with the homeowner's. I used to love HGTV but avoid it at all costs. I watch tv to relax, not get irritated by nasty people who can't talk nice to each other. Complain, complain, complain.

5. SANDRA P. says:

THIS IS MY FAVORITE HGTV SHO!

6. Linda says:

Don't watch it then!

7. Ginny says:

I totally agree. I truly do not understand how this program stays on. It's truly an insult to anyone that would watch more than 3 shows. Thank heavens for other shows like: the Brothers who really everything together and can't wait for the next show and other channels. What is wrong with you people who produce. Are you so lacking in talent that you can't produce a program that deals with real people and real problems. Believe me, we've been there and know. We had to put almost $300,000. and I'm still not happy with the results. Even with an inspector who must have had his head up his $%@, as you can see, the cost was far beyond most could afford, and they don't even make a inspection, nor do they start with the original first needs. What's her name starts somewhere on the list (mostly the bottom) and the main problem is not resolved. Is it really necessary to put so many reruns on. This program is the worse of the worse. Since your losing so many viewers how is possible that the commercials gain the monetary gains required to make this program profitable. Give us lawn care, anything that we could all lean and gain some knowledge f rom, but this program is for the pits. By the way, both of them need a great deal of acting help, and I do mean a great deal. Bad show, bad acting and bad, bad, bad!!! We are no longer viewers. Please put a show on that reflects truth in home owning or those looking to be new homeowners. HGTV used to be set when turned on. No problem with that anymore.

8. Dee says:

I had a NEW bathroom with sumpump created from scratch for $20,000!
    She RIPS PEOPLE OFF!!!! A young woman gave her life savings of $50K to renovate her parents bathroom (most important) on her list and because Hillary didn't want to re-wire/re-pipe, all she did was put up a stone wall around an gas fire place and renovate the kitchen FOR $50K what a RIP OFF! Another couple gave her $75K to renovate a farm home and she came into the typical wire issues and they lose their mudroom??? I am SOO tired of watching ppl get ROBBED!!! I would NEVER TRUST HER!

9. ALLISON LYNNE says:

BTR
    PRUPLE
    KENDALL
    JAMES

BROWN BLACK

11. JCDesigns says:

Hilary has great design skills, but she is greatly hampered by her contractor Eddie. Eddie might be an ok contractor for some projects, but he is not exactly the most knowledgeable contractor! He told Hilary that she was stuck with a support column in the middle of a living room, when he COULD have installed an LVL into the ceiling above to support the span,… totally cluelesss…many other examples of his lack of knowledge, but too many to list here!

12. Mel says:

agree with your assessment of the design elements. NONE of those things have to be top of the line or custom made. there are some lovely "off the rack" cabinetry, lighting and appliances.

13. R.Wilson says:

I wonder why they never get the hint that you can't always do custom cabinets, finish basements, move walls when they aren't given enough money. The times they get $100,000 and could build a whole new house they still can't stay in budget. Hilary needs to have her crew look at the stucture before she makes up her plans rather then just have her Assistant move thing around on her ipad.

14. Jan says:

They are in Canada. Don't know which cities.

15. Texas roper says:

The homes that are being remoded are in Canada and there cost of living I take it is usually higher than the good old U.S.A. I like watching for the designs she comes up with. She is a talented designer but I agree they do need to change the show up. I'm sure there's a lot behind the scenes that they agree to that we don't know about…

16. Ginny says:

Is you sight so bad along with your hearing. I see this was posted 72 wks ago. I'm sure their intelligence level has finally seen the light and have found that HGTV has many sources that fit their needs for decorating ideas as well as construction renovations. FAVORITE SHOW, NO WAY.