Love It or List It‘s David Visentin and Hilary Farr are here to help!

Love It or List It hosts

Have a question about buying or selling a house? What about renovation projects? Submit all questions to hgtvmagazine@hearst.com with the subject line Love It or List It for a chance to have your answer appear in an upcoming issue. ONLY questions received via email will be considered. Must include full name and hometown.

1. D.Williams says:

Such a pleasurable show. Hilary never fails to amaze me…and David always has to deal with resistance but prevails.

• ALLISON LYNNE says:

BROWN BLACK

iRamuey
      216
      Comments (13)
      JAMES

• luvthec says:

I hope Hilary and David are being paid well. Episode 11 (Season 9) was so painful to watch. The couple with five kids baffled me in so many ways on so many levels. Who moves into a tiny, tiny house with one child (house already verging on too small at that point) and then decides to have 4 more children because they "knew" they would always have a large family. There is no reality in the decisions this woman makes! I'd don't mention the husband because he just seems to be along for the ride. CPS should have been involved with this family.

• R. Wilson says:

I get so tired of the negativity by the homeowners. It's starting to seem set up. Don't they watch the shows themselves and know what usually happens. Plumbing,electrical and structural wall problems. Even when she did her own Assistance's house Hilary had to put up with so much gripping. It really gets old. I'd like to see one house completely done by her.

• Cheryl says:

I think the homeowners should always list it. Hillary always fails to give them everything they want. On property brothers that never happens.

• Saronne says:

I find the phony insulting of David by Hilary to be both offensive and annoying. The narrator's sugary voice is irritating to me; I put her on mute as much as possible.

The last home David shows is always the only one likely to be chosen.
      Too much is staged.

I watch because of Hilary's abilities in redoing the homes vs what David finds. Hilary is obviously quite talented.

I don't enjoy "put-downs" even if faked. They can stage friendly rivalry without this.

• Helen says:

From Ms Edy Williams of S.A.G. David is fabulous, sincere & rescues couples to Upgrades,especially when he says "It can be close to your budget, affordable!" Hillary digs pockets ALWAYS for extra Thousands & crosses always half the list off! Yuk

2. Dee Henley says:

This is the most ridiculous show I have ever viewed on HGTV. The same script-The same problems!! HELP…I can only watch so much of this.

• leo says:

if you don't like this very popular series, i would advice you to go to another channel until the episode is over ,then go back to hgtv.nobrainer.

• Robyn says:

Hillary has a problem with the budget every time. She never gives the client what is asked for in the beginning. I have stopped watching this show because of the same old same old.

• SANDYT says:

U R SO RIGHTT WHERE/WHY DO THEY BUY THOSE OLD RUN DOWN NOB AN TUBE FULL OF MOLD HOUSES….AN WHERE DO U FIND THEM..SAME PROBLEMS NOT ENOUGH MONEY, TOILETS TUBS ETC…LOOKING FOR A MIRACLE OR A MOUNTAIN OUT OF MOLEHILL LOVE THE SHOW ITS VERY STRESSFUL TO WATCH,,,HELP COMES WHEN I TURN TO DIY/NICOLE CURTIS SHE IS SMART ABOUT WHAT SHE EXPECTS FROM AN OLD RUNDOWN MOLDY HOUSE NOT TRYING TO SQUEEZE 1800SQ FT OFHOME THAT ONLY HAS 1200SF.. SHE DOES NOT STRESS ME OUT…SHE HAS A PLAN AN IDEASABOUT WHAT SHE CAN DO WITH WHAT SPACE SHE HAS…NOT ANY RESISTANCE FROM CRAZY SPOUSES WHO EXPECT/WANT WHAT THEY CANT HAVE OMG PEOPLE GET A LIFE…B REASONABLE….IF U WANT A 10 YR OLD HOME WITH CHARACTER THEN DONT START SQUAKING AN COMPLAINING WHEN U RUN OUT OF SPACE.. I LIKE THE SHOW BUT NOT THE IDIOTS THAT OWN THESE LIL NARROW
      HOUSES THEY CLAIMED TO LOVE CAUSE THEY WERE PERFECT AT ONE TIME U DIDN SEE THOSE BABIES COMING GROW-UP IS MY SUGGESTION…

• Norma Sulzberger says:

I feel sorry for Hillary.

• Edy Williams says:

Did you catch the episode where DAVID located a gorgues Home overlooking a magnificent Lake in their budget. Remarkable. He is optimistic, humorous, & a genius..even though folks are "scared"? to leave their "neighborhood" & lose out on a fabulous NEW place! Hilary does a Mask of family pics, bowls of fruit & cookies! What a joke. her Trumped up extra costs are ridiculous.

• Rose says:

I have help for you, STOP WATCHING IT!!!!!

3. Bob Blumberg says:

Being a contractor I question the ability your general contractor since he fails to pre study site before giving price. Too often the contractor surprises Hilary.
    In getting a budget from client you should also ask for a contingency to cover hidden problems. Show is great otherwise Thank you

• Ellyn R says:

I agree, it seems the other designer shows, ie: Property Brothers, Income Property can seem to accomplish so much with their budgets. I think Hilary needs new contractors!

• SANDI P. says:

GOOD IDEAS! PLUS IF AN INSURANCE ISSUE COVERS A PROBLEM OR WARRANTY DOES – IT SHOULD BE DEDUCTED FROM THE PRICE!

• rockerelf says:

I think Hillary surprises him. She should consult him before she plans on tearing down walls and moving the furnace. He's the contractor she's merely a decorator

4. Parlew says:

The concept of this show compels me to watch but the obviously set up "surprise" budget busters and even more phony home owner reactions to cut backs is ridiculous! Please stop treating your viewers like idiots by giving us the same bad acting every episode and give us an interesting show that doesn't question our intelligence.
    I love Hilary & David when they are acting like the professionals they are and not poor actors.

• Mary Cordell says:

It amazes me that the homeowners can come up with a larger amount to buy a new home but can only afford about a third of that amount for renos needed to make the home they "love and want to stay in" comparable to a new home. They all come across as very stupid in that they don't realize that structual problems etc are not Hillary's fault. I actually think they should come up the the additional money to fix these hidden items or shut up and accept graciously what they are able to get for the little amount of money they are willing to part with. Gets very tiresome watching this show as it never varies, homeowner says Hillary can only have X dollars no matter what and gets mad if she can't deliver a mansion. However, often David shows homes that are over their budget and out of their neighborhood but he doesn't get the grief that Hillary does. Don't believe I will watch much of the show any more unless they can somehow change some of the concepts.

5. I agree with Parlew, Bob (especially) and D. Williams. Hilary and David's show is the better one of the two, however. Keep 'em coming!! :D

6. Lynn Furderer says:

I love the show. But where are these houses? I cannot believe how overpriced all of them are and why anyone would want to pay so much for any of them. Where I live, a $750,000 house is a mansion, not some little 1800 square foot double!

• Ana Cruz says:

After all, it’s all about location. Housing prices vary A LOT from one city/state to another, and remember that most of these families want to remain in their own neighborhood. I always enjoy seeing the different styles of homes. Where I live, brick houses, row houses or brownstones, and semi-detached or fully-attached homes are practically non-existent and the downtown neighborhoods are almost always considered cheap, unattractive, and undesirable. EVERYONE lives in “the suburbs.”

• jamme efhan says:

don't "love" the show but really the houses do not look like $750,000 homes, unless we're talking San Francisco or downtown New York City.

7. Bonnie says:

What do families get for being on your show?

8. Brenda says:

This is my FAVORITE HGTV show!!!!

9. Vern s says:

Hilary need to stick to what she know design. She is not a contactor she don't pull permit before she start a job she don't talk to her contractor before ask the customer for money. what she can do and what she can't do for the customer can know up front. Hilary put things on paper before asking contractor and the contractor she have just as dum as she is I like the show but hate Hilary and her team i will not pay them to do anything for me. Good job David love your work I will hired you any day.

10. MARY & GREG says:

DAVID AND HILARY ARE THE VERY BEST DESIGN SHOW WE HAVE EVER SEEN. THEY ARE GREAT TOGETHER. NEVER, NEVER, TAKE THEM OFF THE AIR. THEY ARE THE BEST OF THE BEST EVER. MARY & GREG, QUAKERTOWN, PA. CAN THEY DO MY KITCHEN??? WE LOVE, LOVE YOUR SHOW…