I can’t stress enough how important front yard landscaping is. Maybe you’re interested in gaining curb appeal. Or, perhaps you simply want to make your home a place you love seeing when you pull in the driveway. Either way, the front yard is the place to start. So get to work and give your house a chance to make a great first impression.

front yard landscaping

SEE MORE BEAUTIFUL LANDSCAPES FROM DESIGNERS’ PORTFOLIO>>

1. brave says:

Such nice grass yards! If only my dog wouldn't keep destroying mine.

• PO V Jefferson says:

Suggestion. I have a dog that like to dig so I created an area that is his own, where he can play, dig, and releave himself. This accomplished to things; easy clean up and my yard stays nice. Purchase a kennel or 2 from a pet store, there made to connect, put his favorite toys in there and the dog and sit beside it so he does feel punished and that's his area. I took my dog about 2 weeks and now he goes right inside on his own.

2. Kim says:

They all look pretty, but then look at the houses! What would you expect! I installed some wrought iron edging from Look in the Attic & Company this spring and I'm very pleased with the results. Added some visual interest and contains my plants!

3. BJ Fitz says:

I'm tired of McMansions, how 'bout some real working peoples homes…

4. Matty says:

I need help. I just spent a small fortune landscaping and the deer have destroyed half of it. I need suggestions on flowers and greenery that are deer resistant.

• Lori says:

I had luck planting marigolds in the front of the beds where my perennials were. The deer stayed clear, but the rabbits still ate the Hollyhocks. I have heard that human hair clippings will keep the bunnies away, maybe try a combo of marigolds and hair.

• V N says:

Get a rifle.

• ireneh says:

try planting some Society Garlic in and around the plants, they have beautiful little purple flowers and the deer don't like the garlic smell
      . ask your local nursery what grows well. go around some neighborhoods where deer is prevalent and see what's planted! I did that and actually talked to several people whose yards I was impressed with. Most people are eager to share!

• Inwood Roz says:

We live on 2 ½ acres where deer graze often. Deer tend NOT to eat Lamb's Ears, daffodils, butterfly bushes, marigolds, lavender and miniature roses (aka Drift roses). They LOVE ivy, tulips (aka Deer Candy) and hostas.

5. PO2 V Jefferson says:

Hello, DIYers I really need help… My home sits on a 45 degree angle hill and I love it, however, the retainer wall is deteriorating (made of Railroad Ties) and brick walk and steps which seems to be sinking. I am in the Military and have to relocate for 3 year and want to rent it out but after a recent bath room and flooring update my budget is tapped out. Any ideas on an inexpensive way to replace the retainer walls and walk? HELP!!!

6. Woofie46 says:

I'm retired and on a fixed income. Just your regular "little old lady" who lives in a manufactured home (in my day we called them trailers!). Why do we not see landscape designs for those of us who live in this environment? I have a large corner lot and do the best I can to make it pretty, but of course there is limited space and some rules to follow. However, suggestions could be tailored to fit each person's circumstances.

7. CHRIS says:

why do we never see landscaping for ranch style homes as there are plenty of them in the south. We live in one with a front yard slight down hill slope with a basement. ANY help would be appreciaated

8. joeanna anthony says:

The landscape is extremely nice. But I don't find any kind of fencing for these landscape…A low fence around a property not only adds a welcome boundary between a hectic street and a private space, but it also makes the front yard seem larger.
    For information on fencing, please check out http://californiafenceco.com