Get ready to say “Aww.”  These are not your regular stuffed dogs. These Shelter Pups stuffed dogs are the handmade result of an inspiring story. These little wool friends came out of one young girl’s desire to raise money for real dogs in shelters. You can “adopt” a stuffed dog resembling one of the many shelter dogs your money will go to help, or you can send in a photo of your own furry friend to receive a custom plush pooch!

custom stuffed dog toys
Don’t you think my baby, Boone, deserves a miniature stuffed version of himself?

Boone Sanders

Good Works, Products

1. Sandra says:

Did they stop teaching, who, what, where, when, how.
    It is a great idea but where do you send the photo?
    Who do you contact?

• Holly says:

Sandra, welcome to the Internet. You can click on the pink words in the blurb above to get to the origionally website.

2. Matthew Peck says:

^ Sandra, Click the link (red text) and it will take you to the website.

This is fantastic, going to get "Jefferson" made up. He's 15 and my wife's best friend, I was going to commission a painting, but I think this is even better!

3. hgtvcamille says:

Oh. My. GAWD! Those are the cutest needle-felted pups I've ever seen. I TOTALLY want one made to represent each of my puppy girls! :)

• Keri_HGTV says:

Aren't they just the best! I'm just waiting to get the perfect picture to send in.

4. Janet says:

Do they do cats as well? I have a 21 yr old orange tabby that I would love to send in a picture of!

5. Dianna says:

I've been on the waiting list for last Christmas, they didn't anticipate the boom they'd get with being pinned & blogged about. Great idea, if you're not in a hurry.

6. denise hoffner says:

I want one- would rather talk on phone, I need a number !

7. rawan says:

I want to sell my dog its brindle pit ball 13 weeks female it is update shoots she is very nice dog I ask for her 250 $ please contact me 904 3270328

8. Suzanne says:

I was given a Shelter Pup last year for Christmas. I was blown away by the detail and high quality of thie customization of our 3 pound Yorkie. This year we received another Shelter Pup. This time it was of our 8 pound Brussells Griffon. Unfortunately the quality, detail, and even the size is nothing to compare with last year. What happened? Price increased but product quality decreased. Called customer service to inquire but they passed it off as just "oh well". Very disappointed. While it's true the proceeds benefit REAL shelter pups, the price that was paid (and its increase) should have yielded a better customer experience.

9. Samantha says:

I'm a kid who recently purchased a shelter pup with my parent who wasn't too satisfied with the price, especially the fact that we live in canada, so shipping costs wasn't too fun. It was my idea to get one for my grandmother on Mother's Day. I really hope the price was well paid, but in the end the real thing I hope for is that my grandmother loves it.

10. Keri_HGTV says:

Great idea! I bet she'll love that!

11. Keri_HGTV says:

It looks like they are planning to do cats in the near future!

See What We’re Pinning