After Lili posted this Daily Delight about these gold log tables, I’ve been on the lookout for a tree stump. Recently, I found a perfect little trunk (!) washed ashore at my family’s lake house. As a MacGyver, I wanted to check out all my DIY options before I started working on my new prized possession. I was blown away by all the crafty ways people have used tree stumps (glow-in-the-dark stool, anyone?). Check out a few of my favorite finds:

Log Slice Table
This rustic log slice table would add natural charm to any room. And doesn’t it look lovely adorned with a vase of fresh flowers? Head on over to Seakettle for Jessica’s tutorial.

Wooden Pencil Holder
Talk about crafting in style! Andrea’s rustic pencil holder would be the perfect addition to any craft room. I’m all for storage that’s easy on the eyes.

Ombre Tree Stump Side Table
Can you tell I’m a fan of stump side tables? I love how Ashley gave her table a trendy ombre update with gold paint. Check out Sugar & Cloth for all the DIY details.

Tree Trunk Cupcake Stand
Dotted with dainty cupcakes, this tree trunk stand is the definition of rustic elegance. DIY enthusiast Alina and her husband made this beauty for their wedding. Read the sweet story behind the cupcake stand on their blog, The Yellow Umbrella.

RELATED: TREE-STUMP-TOPPED TABLE>>

Tree Stump Centerpiece
I love the idea of using slices of a tree trunk to create a unique centerpiece. This lovely centerpiece came from yet another gorgeous rustic wedding.

DIY Wooden Clock Clock
If you read my post about upcycling bikes a couple of weeks ago, you know I’m all about creative DIY clocks. This quirky wooden clock definitely fits the bill – and I love those red over-sized clock hands. Get the full tutorial on Design Sponge.

You be the judge — of all the ideas, which tree trunk triumphs? Tell us what you think in the comments below.

1. bird says:

Love these ideas!! The cake stand is one of my faves, and I had made a similar one a while back :http://www.blog.birdsparty.com/2013/05/tutorial-diy-rustic-log-pedestal-cake.html

Looks really rustic and certainly is a "wow" piece!

2. Sharon B. says:

I love the table in the first picture. Also the wedding centerpiece looks great. They all do.

3. Debbie says:

Love the clock.

4. Guest says:

Good things, but I'd call those logs rather than "tree stumps". Tree stumps stay in your garden when you've had to take a tree down because an inordinate amount of labour or cost is needed to remove them. So now let's see some ideas on how to use them in situ.

5. EmilieChristensen says:

Great idea for decorating home using eco-friendly way. Using tree stumps theme in clock is some thing i never thought of. :o But really liked the way it is used. Wished if i could make the at home as my DIY project. But its tough. Have a look at these ideas for tree stumps decor :) http://www.rugsandblinds.com/tree-trunk-inspired-

6. jojo says:

Absolutely beautiful and creative designs. So inspiring.

7. Myrna Stephens says:

Love the stump side table!

8. Myrna Stephens says:

Love the stump side table!

9. [...] topic comes to us courtesy of Lili and has been featured on our blog as a Daily Delight, in the Designer MacGyver column as a craft material and more. Yup, I’m axin’ about tree stumps! (Yup, I’m making terrible puns about chopping [...]

10. joeanna anthony says:

My favorite is the wall clock. I also loved the TREE-STUMP-TOPPED TABLE It looks so good.