I used to think lace curtains were outdated, even matronly. I thought they were too froufrou for my taste and would never make an appearance in my home. I was wrong. These lovely lace curtains are anything but dated. They would add a romantic touch to any space, but I prefer them with worn windows or against a brick or stone background. I just love the contradiction between the masculine materials and delicate curtains. What do you think?

lace curtainsStone | Books | White Room | Wooden Window | Green Window | Tulips | Blue Door | Oar | Cream Lace | White Lace

1. joeanna anthony says:

All the curtains are beautiful, but my personal favorite is the 4th window. But the laces being very delicate, maintaining them is difficult…How does one maintain them ?

• Keri_HGTV says:

That's a good question, Joeanna. I don't have any washing experience with lace curtains as of yet, but hand washing occasionally would be my best guess.

2. Erin R. says:

I like the lace with the stone but all of them are beautiful.

3. a_fan says:

Rather than hang lace curtains, I like the idea of using pull-down window shades that have a lace pattern superimposed on them. It would make a bold, graphic statement and serve as a fresh take on an old pattern.

I believe I first saw the concept of graphic window shades when Matt Muenster used an enlarged graphic dandelion pattern on each of three window shades in a bay window. Since then, I’ve noticed Candice Olson has also used some great go-to graphic patterned window shades. Such a simple change-up can really make a big impact!_

4. slmakana says:

I purchased lace curtains when I was stationed in Germany and have used them in most of the homes we rented over the years. Unfortunately when we retired the house we bought doesnt really have a window I can use them in. I really enjoyed them and find the make a room really feel like home.

5. Laura says:

I always thought lace was really old fashioned, and I still don't know if I would ever buy lace CURTAINS, but I love the modern twists on lace I've been seeing lately, like this lace wallpaper: http://www.purehome.com/shadows-on-the-wall-light

I was thinking of using it on an accent wall in my bedroom. What do you think?