BRIANA: It seems the pouf has always been a divisive piece – even our own Lili wrote a Daily Delight called “To Pouf or Not to Pouf?” That IS the question, indeed. What are your thoughts on the pouf? Is it a fun, versatile accent? Or is it a lumpy waste of space?

Do you like the pouf trend? Vote now on HGTV's Design Happens blog!

LIZ: It’s like a medicine ball and a beanbag chair had a non-functional child. It’s too short to put your feet on and too big to not be in the way. I really don’t get the fascination.

KAYLA: I included a fabric pouf DIY project in my Dorm Room package, because I think they’re perfect in college rooms where space is limited. You can use them as ottomans, additional seating or tabletops.

Do you like the pouf trend? Vote now on HGTV's Design Happens blog!

But, I don’t personally see myself buying one because, for me, it would totally take up space or turn into a cat scratching post. I like the idea, but it doesn’t fit into my home.

GRANT: Anytime I see the word “pouf,” I immediately think of the arms on an 80’s prom dress:

Do you like the pouf trend or does it remind you of this? Vote now on HGTV's blog!

Aren’t they just fancy beanbag chairs? You can’t fool me.

Do you like the pouf trend? Vote now on HGTV's Design Happens blog!

KELLEY: I wore that dress, tho in black and with combat boots, since I totally skipped prom. Heh.

But…poufs! I think they’re cute and I keep wanting one for my soulless living room, but I can’t imagine them being comfortable or classic. Like, in 2 years, would I go, “I’m really sorry I spent $250 on that stupid thing and now I can’t even sell it on Craigslist?”

KAYLA: That kid and dog make them look so good, though. Those are good poufs. The leather Moroccan ones aren’t meant for comfort, obviously.

JESSICA: I just want to give all the poufs in the world a big hug. I like the look of them, but I agree that they aren’t very functional. I need an ottoman as big as a coffee table. Maybe a tufted one that I can lay on.

Do you like the pouf trend? Vote now on HGTV's Design Happens blog!

GARRETT LANE: Trend aside, the word is simply hilarious. Say it to yourself and try not to laugh. Can’t do it.

We were joking around earlier in the week, and decided that the recipe for the ultimate project goes like this: Pouf + tutu + fire pit + pergola + headboard. If somebody can pull off that combo, there’ll be no need for future endeavors in the shelter space.

We polled ourselves about the pouf, now tell us what YOU think:

Defend the Trend

1. Geneva S. says:

I'm a fan of anything pouf!

2. Laura says:

I LOVE poufs! You can put your feet up on one, put a tray on one for a little makeshift side table, or use it as extra seating if you have to! I also like that they can add a little pattern, color, and softness to a room. I am torn, however! I've had my eye on both this mid-century modern ottoman: http://www.purehome.com/furniture/living-room/ott… and this soft pouf: http://www.purehome.com/furniture/living-room/ott

Which one do you guys think I should get?

3. Julie Swanson says:

Yes! I love poufs! Who wouldn't want to pull up a pouf and stay a while?

4. I really want to love the pouf, I do. They are super cute, to look at, not so much to use! I think I'd love the way it looked in the room, but as far as usability, uuuummmm not so much. More like it would turn out to be something for my dogs to pee on & lord knows I don't need another one of those items!

"Dear Lord, let me resist the urge to buy a pouf. Amen"

5. @tibstips says:

I'm definitely a pouf person! Having 2 of them at home – one in the living room

6. @tibstips says:

and one in the TV room. So handy and looks great as well!

7. Rosalee says:

Good for toddlers and anywhere you will be lolling around on the floor alot…. Otherwise I don't see much use. I think its just a beanbag…. Playing dress up for the livingroom

8. janevir says:

Just the word itself is awful. "And POUF he was gone" [HeeHaw] and they are overdone. Everyone's house doesn't need one, and especially every room.

9. John says:

Why, Poufs are always in – just look at Elton John….

10. The designs and colors are giving a nice look. I really like the kid and the dog picture, it is awesome. A unique creativity and designing. cisco training courses