With Labor Day behind us, school back in session, and sweaters hitting the mall shelves, there’s just no denying it anymore: fall is here. (We know, we know, it’s not technically until September 22, but you get the point.) HGTV Magazine is prepping you for the new season with our October issue. Find out which flowers you should be planting now, how to punch up your home with spooky style, and ways to enjoy your outdoor space year-round.
October Cover Color

Here’s just a little taste of what you’ll find inside the latest issue, on stands now!

dresser makeovers

All three of these dressers were done in just a weekend or less. Actually, the decal drawer fronts on the left only need a few hours of your free time! No more excuses for staring at old or drab furniture.

moutain view living room

This spacious living room with warm colors and a-maz-ing views in the mountains of North Carolina is home to the Corcell family. Step inside and see how they put together a stylish yet comfortable place.

curb appeal NJ

Take a stroll through Bergen County, NJ, and pick up ideas you can use to improve your own home’s curb appeal. (How cool is that Juliet balcony?)

Pick up your copy today, and become a subscriber so you never miss a decorating beat.

1. Claudia Branham says:

I got my October HGTV Magazine today and was thrilled to see that on the cover was the deep turquoise color that I have just redone my bed/with hutch and under the bed drawers with..and after I had done that I had bought natural hemp an wn drawer pulls. They were quick and easy to do and look amazing….I can't wait to see what is within the covers of my book. I love to try some of the trends you display and I have HGTV channel on 24-7 or at least til they put up the goodnight sign. The it is on after the morning news next day. While I am here, I love the tips about the different uses for Twenty Mule Team Borax and Vinegar. They have been my main ingredients for cleaning supplies for years. Make a paste of water and Borax and brush it on white dogs to take the tear stain out. I know that it is not a home remedy but our dogs do add a lot to the family and home. HGTV Loves Home!

2. Roselee Mano says:

I blog frequently and I genuinely appreciate your content. The article has really peaked my interest. I’m going to bookmark your website and keep checking for new details about once per week. I opted in for your Feed too.

3. M Davie says:

Having pulling up "octobersurvey.hgtv.com/magazine? Any tips?

4. Cynthia Menez-Romero says:

As always, thrilled to get my copy of your magazine in the mail today. How can you have a bad day with a new copy of HGTV magazine in hand? My only negative thought is I wish the coupons would be on pages backed with other ads. I am loathe to cut into a great look or idea to get the coupon on the other side. Otherwise keep up the fun!

5. Margie says:

I was rereading my October 2014 magazine for the third time and found more new ideas I did not see before. I texted my daughter the Pumpkin ideas to keep my 7 year old granddaughter busy. She loves craft. These will look good in her moms house. I also sent my daughter "make a shade" for her new office. For my self I am going to use the "how to cover an old headboard". All these ideas give me energy I never thought I had at 67. Now I am sending my daughter a subscription of HGTV magazine. Save me the time of texting. She lives across the state and has an older home she is planing to update. Thanks HGTV just love this issue.

6. Sherri Brawn says:

Love HGTV, and the magazine! I tried to find the $5000 survey at octobersurvey.hgtv.com/magazine. No luck locating it. What do I click on, once all the choices are on screen? Nothing there brings me to a survey. It is probably my ineptitude, but have mercy, please. I have been an avid fan since"Trading Spaces," first aired!

7. Amanda says:

Hi there! I've written to hgtv and with no reply. I've been trying to find bedding like this for months!! Where can I find this? I'd be ever so grateful to know!!! Thanks so much :)