So, what do you think of our holiday party hues? Plum, deep turquoise, cream and copper pair well together and helped inspire a slew of ideas to plan each area of our holiday party. Starting today, we’re going to share a collection of mood boards, from the fireplace to the food tables, that went from Pinterest pins and sketches to a festive reality.
The fireplace, mantel and built-in bookshelves in our shoot location were covered in a gorgeous natural stone, so we wanted to showcase that rusticity with organic materials and warm metallic hues. A cozy sitting area with pillows and throws would allow partygoers to mingle yet relax while sipping cocktails and snacking on hors d’oeuvres.
Take a look at the ideas that inspired our eye-catching fireplace design (coming soon!).
1. Tea lights and pillar candles to brighten up a non-burning fireplace
2. String lights wrapped around logs for a festive feel
3. Paint-dipped pinecones placed throughout an evergreen garland on the mantel
4. Gifts wrapped in kraft paper and decorated in metallics
5. Handmade fringe trees on the mantel
6. Lots and lots of copper
7. Layers of throws and pillows on chairs by the fireplace
8. Layered area rugs in a bold pattern
9. Sitting area with champagne + cranberries nearby
10. A vintage-inspired light-up star as the mantel’s centerpiece (coming soon to Weekday Crafternoon!)
We’ve teamed up with our friends over at DIYNetwork.com’s Made + Remade to throw a holiday party, and you’re invited! Follow along as we craft the party decor, set the holiday table and cook up the menu. Along the way, you’ll get the step-by-step instructions and tips to throw a great party in your home. Catch up on all the posts here.