You’ve probably noticed that we’re starting the holidays a little early this year. That’s because we’re throwing a party with our friends over at DIY’s Made + Remade, and we want to bring all of you along with us! This week, we’re sharing the moodboards that helped us plan the festive look and feel. Now that you’ve seen our fireplace and mantel plans and bar area overview, take a look at our plan for the main event: The holiday table.

If you’re hosting a sit-down dinner like we are, it’s important to add festive touches while still allowing guests plenty of room for food, drink and conversation.

Here’s a detailed look at our table plans:

We’ll also bring plenty of sparkle through metallic accents, handmade mercury-glass votives and more. And, of course, we’ll show you how we made all of the elements for the table in the coming weeks.

We’ve teamed up with our friends over at DIYNetwork.com’s Made + Remade to throw a holiday party, and you’re invited!

Follow along as we craft the party decor, set the holiday table and cook up the menu. Along the way, you’ll get the step-by-step instructions and tips to throw a great party in your home. Catch up on all the posts here.

1. Mona says:

I miss shows like Freesytle and decorating cents. They fit my non- budget. ;) It's fun to dream, but I like advice I can implement with my pocketbook. I would also like to see junk gypsies back again

• Carrie says:

Yes! I absolutely agree. I miss those how-to on a low budget shows. Freestyle and Decorating Cents are still 2 of my fave decorating shows. HGTV needs more variety.

2. Annmarie says:

Totally agree! I miss the old decorating shows that shows ideas that can be applied to everyday homes. Not all of us live in such extravagant homes. Our house is a stone house built in the 50's. Enjoy the decorating shows!

3. momhomeguide says:

I love the twig placecard holders. They are so simple and sweet! BTW, I love Candace Olsen and Love It or List It (the one with Hillary). Shows that explain how to decorate on a budget would be great, too!

4. […] out to create a lovely, low, and inexpensive centerpiece for our holiday party. I started with a moodboard knowing that I wanted to include velvety dried celosia cockscomb, feathery small ferns for […]

5. Roe says:

I don't like the bickering on Love It or List It. Stopped watching because of it. Also tired of House Hunters. I can't believe there are that many 20 something's with $500,000 budgets, then whine because there is no granite or 5 bedrooms. Watch and enjoy most of the other shows.

6. Gail A says:

Miss the show with Barry and his computer reworking floor plans. He is a genius bring him back pleeeassse.

7. Karen says:

Thank you ladies for voicing your needs. HGTV bring back our decorating shows. All I ever see is Love it or List it or some building show, I don't care about building. I go over to DIY if I want to watch building and remodeling. I'm sure the brothers and all of the men of HGTV are nice but I want to see some decorating men, women children, animals, anything. Even if it's just Saturdays,bring back decorating to HGTV.

8. Ann Williams says:

Love It or Leave It is the most annoying show you broadcast. I love House Hunters International! And home decorating ~ Candace! Genevieve Gorder, the Brothers/Cousins when they're designing. Good designers, not contest winners who are negative. No more of the arguing/whining, PLEASE!!! Thank you.

9. chriz says:

Totally agree with all of the above comments!! House hunters is sooooo boring. Please bring back the designers who have TALENT!!

10. llmblonde says:

I agree with everyone else. Waaay too many repeats and really sick of Love it or List it. Very repetitive!