You’ve probably noticed that we’re starting the holidays a little early this year. That’s because we’re throwing a party with our friends over at DIY’s Made + Remade, and we want to bring all of you along with us! This week, we’re sharing the moodboards that helped us plan the festive look and feel. Now that you’ve seen our fireplace and mantel plans and bar area overview, take a look at our plan for the main event: The holiday table.
If you’re hosting a sit-down dinner like we are, it’s important to add festive touches while still allowing guests plenty of room for food, drink and conversation.
Here’s a detailed look at our table plans:
- A long, low centerpiece featuring cranberry-hued cockscomb;
- A dramatic branch chandelier featuring more plum-colored flowers;
- Simple twig placecard holders dipped with strips of metallic paint;
- Inexpensive silverware Plasti-dipped to match the party’s palette;
- Handmade benches painted with milk paint (how-to project coming soon to DIY’s Made + Remade!);
- Block-printed linen napkins;
- Succulents scattered around the table;
- And peacock blue Corona Grove china to add an elegant touch to the DIY table.
We’ll also bring plenty of sparkle through metallic accents, handmade mercury-glass votives and more. And, of course, we’ll show you how we made all of the elements for the table in the coming weeks.
We’ve teamed up with our friends over at DIYNetwork.com’s Made + Remade to throw a holiday party, and you’re invited!
Follow along as we craft the party decor, set the holiday table and cook up the menu. Along the way, you’ll get the step-by-step instructions and tips to throw a great party in your home. Catch up on all the posts here.