Hey, guys. I’ve been busy with Dream Home (today is your last chance to enter!), but I couldn’t resist the chance to restart my Tuesday Huesday series with a Valentine-inspired color palette. You see, my very first Tuesday Huesday post was inspired by the holiday of love, too! (Catch up on all the past posts here.)

So, in honor of Valentine’s Day, I’ve got a sweet color palette for you all. I kind of fell for these adorable, printable doughnut boxes over on Sugar and Charm, and that made me think, “What would that look like in room form?” Well, this:

Blue and Pink Kitchen Color Palette on HGTV's Design Happens Blog
Turquoise-y blue and soft pink often create a vintage vibe that I’m very fond of, but I love how the color combo gets a modern spin in Jutta Rikola’s kitchen featured on Design Sponge.  And the adorable raincloud motif would be a fun update for the coming spring, too.

What’s your take on this color palette? And, what combos do you think I should feature in the future? Ready…go!

Tuesday Huesday

1. 4Grammy says:

Back in the 1970's my sister had a living room with turquoise-y blue walls and a turquoise sofa and one soft pink wall and a pinky rose chair to match. Who knew this combination would be popular again?

2. DBCoop says:

I like the 'vintage vibe' color palette, Liz, though I'd tend to lean towards the softer hued reddish-pink shades of grape and a subtle aqua-tinged turquoise. Colors that would remind me of a tropical evening sunset as the light gently fades against puffs of cotton candy clouds and a sparkling moonlit sea.

I will, however, definitely go for the pink-iced doughnut!

• Liz_HGTV says:

Yes, the colors are very reminiscent of a tropical sunset! I love the ocean, so that's probably another reason I gravitate towards this combo. (Also yes to the doughnut.)

3. DBCoop says:

I got such a sugar rush from thinking about the pink-frosted doughnut that I forgot to share my thoughts on a future color combo feature.

How about shades of gray — and raspberry red, indigo or baby blue, golden yellow, aqua-marine, coral and melon, creme or espresso, even gray and lime green. Then add in a few sparkling silver accessories and a sprinkle of pure white accents.

There's got to be dozens of mild to wildly enticing color combinations possible with the color gray. It just takes courage to dare to pair them all. But then as the cowardly lion from the Wizard of Oz would say, "Life is simply unbearable without a bit of courage."

4. Taylor says:

Cool my fav color is green!!!!!!!!!:p

5. j!walk says:

awesome … a year ago when designing my new kitchen … i came across my old living room curtains that were exactly these colors (my curtains are from the 80's when these colors were once again popular to my fantastic delight) i love it when my favorite colors come back around & i am the envy of family & friends with my new "modern" color scheme !!!!

6. Rosemary says:

Love the color combination. I can "see" it in a quilt! I love turquoise and I am glad it's making a comeback! Grey is my new favorite neutral-just used it in two quilts and plan to use it again.

7. Marmee Helms Weikel says:

Morning! Just seeing this column for the first time and so love it….COLOR is so important in expressing yourself and….LOVE the fact turquoise is being used again. As a freshman in high school, I painted all my odd furniture in my room, turquoise…(this was over 50 yrs ago). I'm using an end table from my girlhood home and sure enough, the bottom shelf, underneath, still has my turquoise paint on it…mom missed that area when scraping off all of my hard work, years later! Building our new home..I'm using my fav now, in red….and….realized I could play up on it with…TURQUOISE, so my favorite colors are together (adding white and brown)…this is in my kitchen and what will be a combination girls retreat..(sitting area off the kitchen) and dining area……it will fill my needs….Husband's area will be his red, white & blue, as we are accenting his WWII memorabilia…he collects…not having served in it! we're still young, altho hitting our 50th year, next week!