Pale Blue in Home DecorJamie Herzlinger | HGTV’s Renovation Raiders | Stools From Fab.com | Betty Lou Phillips

Lupita Nyong’o's style is always amazing, but the Prada gown she wore to the Oscars was a jaw-dropper. The color of the dress has been dubbed ‘Nairobi blue’ since Lupita said it reminds her of her home in Kenya. The 31-year-old looked stunning as she picked up an Oscar for best supporting actress for her role as Patsey in “12 Years A Slave.” Seeing her epic acceptance speech got me thinking, “How can I use that beautiful shade Nairobi blue?”

Pale blue Dining Room from Design On A DimeHGTV’s Design on a Dime

Blue and Red Living Room from Bright Bazaar

Bright Bazaar Blog

Blue and Red Living Room from HGTV's Renovation Raiders

HGTV’s Renovation Raiders

1. ninaiorg says:

This blue is amazing!

2. Emma says:

I love this post!! I had a trend post yesterday featuring the best dressed looks and Lupita is one of my favorites!! http://defineddesigns-emma.blogspot.com/2014/03/o

3. Erika Perez says:

I jus painted my kitchen this blue two weeks ago. and now more than ever I don't regret it! its beautiful and it brings so much light and open space to my small kitchen. next diy project is to paint the cabinets white.

4. Ioan says:

Nice apartament. I like the kitchen. Is so nice!

5. Marilyn says:

Love the rug. Where can I buy it?

6. ProudArmyMom says:

SHOCKER! HGTV is showing current designs! Wow. What a beautiful shade of blue. Thanks for incorporating into many items

7. VintageMonica says:

Every so often a color just eats me up, or vice versa, with a gut wrenching reaction "I want this, I need this, this fulfills me". If I had need of, and room for, stools those would be mine and I would redecorate the kitchen around them! As it is, I have been looking for a cabinet color and or wall color to complement my finally-completed collection of Lu-Ray pastel dishes and this is it!!!