Featured

Sometimes all it takes is one photo to start a brand new color crush. It happened to me today, thanks to a stunning display of bright purply-pink from Design Addict Mom that popped up on my Instagram feed. She’s dubbed this rose hue “spring’s it color,” and I have to agree. A shade lighter than our March Color of the Month, Orchid, it’s the perfect hue to embrace the new season.

Rose and Mint Kitchen Color Palette

Paired with dark and light shades of gray, it’s a modern take on the classically chic pink, black and white combination. A hint of mint adds more spring freshness. And who could resist that mini vintage-style refrigerator? It’s equally charming atop these pink-glazed eclairs from Sweetapolita.

I don’t think of myself as a “pink person,” but I’ve found that I’ve been more drawn to the color these past few months. Are soft pinks and purples growing on you? Would you add them to your home this season? Let me know in the comments below.

Tuesday Huesday

1. RSS says:

This is a great color and that mini refrigerator is so neat.

2. Kayla@HGTV says:

This color combo is SO perfect. I love pastels and they scream spring to me. I'm even wearing some lilac-colored pants right now. Living in a rough, industrial loft has forced me to tone it down with softer hues. I have a cream seersucker bedspread with mint accents, and the rest of the studio is scattered with pinks, yellows, blues and shades of green. It comes off cozy, relaxing and super feminine.

3. Jojo says:

You KNOW how I feel about the color rose – cabbage roses and shades of pink and pale green are part of my mental color palette – but it can always be extended to include greys, beiges and deeper accent shades. I think rose is a LOVELY shade for a tablecloth on a porch or deck against the backdrop of a fresh Spring green.

4. Biljana says:

The colors are so cool, reminding me of ice cream and hot weather. And this retro style mini fridge – so cuteee:)) Love it!!!

5. thesub says:

Great space and use of color. Glad to see someone using a color other than stainless Just looked at HGTVs 40 white kitchens and not one of them had anything other than stainless steel. Perhaps designers might realize that there are many among us who don't care for fingerprints all over our appliances and design with other color.

• Liz_HGTV says:

I'm definitely happy about the trend towards vintage appliances vs. stainless steel. They add so much fun to a kitchen, don't you think?

6. Helene says:

I've used pink for years! My living room walls are pink and they are softer than white and brighter than beige!! I also did my kitchen in a littler pink and with rich brown cabinets, the room is inviting. I threw in a little lime green and …WOW!

7. Amy says:

I have the green tiles as a backsplash with a pinkish grout (these were chosen by the previous owners) and the cabinets are a pickled pink stain (think late '80s early '90s). I have a dark granite, but I despise the pink stained cabinets and the grout. I'm not fond of the dark granite either, but while I like the pink above, I don't know about having it in my home…as I've kind of already got it there and am not fond of it. I've got to think a bit more on that…it's a little too bubble gum for me.

8. Laura says:

Oooooh, it's so trendy and the style will not last the test of time….. Such a waste of valuable resources and money….. Not interested at all