If I’m throwing a summer party, I’m not about to blow my budget on a tiny strand of decorative string lights (I’d much rather splash out on the food!). With this in mind, I set out to make some custom lantern string lights out of simple paper bags. The results, if I do say so myself, are pretty adorable. Watch the video to learn how:

These lanterns make a cute centerpiece as well. They scream summer to me! Just the thing to kick off Memorial Day weekend.

DIY Paper Bag Lantern String Lights

1. Meg Allan Cole says:

Love this idea! You could use it in so any different ways too.

2. Cindy says:

I love this !
    And I have a pergola in my back yard that I need to decorate for my outdoor summer wedding , any ideas ? Help!!!!!! Lol

3. Lili_HGTV says:

This project makes me wish I had an adorable little backyard to string these across. Love it.

4. Karen S. says:

For your wedding, Cindy, choose heavyweight wrapping paper and make these lanterns.

5. Kim says:

I think it would be cheaper to buy paper lanterns at a Dollar store instead of buying a lot of small colored paper bags and lights. Just saying.

6. Maryrose says:

Its great when I can discover info that is complimentary to my needs, thanks

7. Christiane says:

My research has been enhanced by you information, I’m thankful for the post