With Memorial Day behind us and summer vacations on the horizon, our color team was craving a bright, beachy color this June. So when Briana proposed this gorgeous Burnt Coral, we were all smitten. Can you believe the vote was nearly unanimous?

This color takes the classic peachy pink coral and turns up the color value a few notches — think something a little more cinnabar or vermillion. This darker, orange-red coral is au courant and looks great with other spring and summer colors.  Take a look:

Burnt Coral Nursery on HGTV.com - Design By Kendall Wilkinson

Design By Kendall Wilkinson

Guest editor and Fixer Upper host Joanna Gaines is also a big fan. “Burnt coral is a nice accent color that is fresh and fun, yet still sophisticated,” she says. “I love to incorporate this color with pillows, vases and other small accents. I tend to blend white with burnt coral, because it offers a really nice contrast that is easy on the eye.”

Design by Tobi Fairley

Design by Tobi Fairley

Burnt coral also plays well with light, airy blues, soft grays and dusty lavender. It can be surprisingly soothing when paired with cooler hues, as seen in this retro dining room:

Contemporary Dining Nook by Brian Patrick Flynn

Design by Brian Patrick Flynn

For just a little bit of burnt coral, add a chic throw pillow on the living room sofa or atop the bedspread. (Trendy nautical motifs optional.)

Burnt Coral Pillows - HGTV's Design Happens Blog

Burnt Coral Pillows, Clockwise From Top Left: Persimmon Dora Pillow, Rivulets Standard Shams, Coral Sand Cuttlefish Pillow, Coral Ombre Velvet Pillow

This color lends itself to both eclectic…

Burnt Coral Bathroom Design by Brian Patrick Flynn

Design by Brian Patrick Flynn

…and more traditional spaces, from this bold boy’s bathroom to the classic beachy style featured at HGTV Smart Home 2013.

Burnt Coral Guest Bedroom From HGTV Smart Home 2013

Design by Linda Woodrum

Do you love this new take on classic coral as much as we do? Tell us what you think in the comments below.

Whether it’s picking a paint color combination to create a certain mood or customized color matching, True Value has the solutions. To help you choose the perfect color scheme for your next interior or exterior painting project, visit TrueValuePaint.com.

Color of the Month

1. Jan says:

LOVE IT!

2. genna says:

I love this color, I have a lavender swivel chair and charcoal vintage furniture the room is small would this color make the room seem small because it's a only 12X 14 room with closet and I would so love this color I have always loved it, just didn't know what to do with it or how to intertwine the other colors.

3. maryleigh says:

My favorite color in all shades!

4. Briana@HGTV says:

I like this color a lot, but I might be a little biased. ;) So glad other people are enjoying it, too!

5. Andrea says:

Where can we get the bedding and curtains?

6. Linda says:

Love this beautiful, happy color!

7. Jacquelynn says:

I have this color in my living room on one wall. Accents in the room are bright turquoise. Good color combinations.

8. Lisa says:

I used this color when helping my boyfriend decorate his house. The beauty of it is that it's not necessarily a "feminine" color, but one that a man would feel comfortable in, as well. Living in Florida, it goes very well with the "sealife" decor- oddly enough, we purchased 2 pillows with coral on them, similiar to the octopus pillow! Now I'm thinking it's going to be the perfect "accent wall" color. Thanks for stirring the idea bucket up once again!

9. jolyn says:

Wow – a new name changes everything – looks like orange to me! :)

10. Ann Marie Gentry says:

I love the color & also love the chairs in the dining room pic. Where were they purchased?