I love warm-weather weddings, and I especially love the trends that come along with them. One of my favorites right now is rainbow sprinkles; they’re delightfully colorful and playful. Some brides have even suggested throwing sprinkles instead of rice when the couple exits. Others are covering cakes, cupcakes, macarons, cookies and cocktail glass rims in these vibrant morsels. Do you think sprinkles are a fun wedding “accessory”?

Mood Board Monday: SprinklesTop, L to R: A Paper ProposalBeautylishFree People | Middle, L to R: Gimme Some Oven, Wedding Chicks, Clockwork Lemon | Bottom, L to R: Style Me Pretty, Style Me Pretty, My Home Decor

Here’s your mission: grab a cone (or bowl), add two or more scoops of ice cream, then top with an abundance of rainbow sprinkles. That’s it. Happy summer, friends!

Come back every Monday for an inspirational mood board. Miss a day? See all the posts here.

1. DBCoop says:

Happy Monday! Since you've asked the question about sprinkles, Kayla, here are my thoughts:

Sprinkle, Sprinkle, Is It For You?

Sprinkles twinkle like falling stars
    Ice cream, cake, even chocolate bars
    The point to make; you shouldn't miss
    This sweet and tasty summer bliss

Two scoops of ice cream, you can't go wrong
    When summer sprinkles come along
    So if it's sprinkling, have no regrets
    In yellows, blues and violets

At home, the office, work or play
    Or better yet, your wedding day
    A trend that's cool or just a phase
    What say you of this sprinkle craze?

Bring'em on, I say! One caveat, however — I like my dark chocolate Snickers just as they are out of the wrapper….

2. rss says:

I love sprinkles. They should be everywhere!

3. Grant says:

I love two things — sprinkles and glitter.

4. Katie says:

My husband and I are big fans of sprinkles

5. CathyA says:

I love sprinkles, but only by looks. These sprinkles nowadays taste awful! Fake tasting, not the ones I remember as a child. Does anyone know of a good brand that have 'real' flavor instead of 'blah'?

6. a_fan says:

Growing up, my dad had a lot of demands on his time and schedule. So, starting when I was little and either in second or third grade, I would wake up a couple of hours early each weekday to spend breakfast with my dad, while everyone else was sleeping. We would fix breakfast together, read the news headlines, swap the sports and the comics, and catch up in general.

Kayla, your sprinkle blog thread reminded me of what became an annual holiday tradition. Every year around Halloween, my dad would swing by the local doughnut shop and let me pick out orange and chocolate-covered sprinkled doughnuts.

My dad passed away years ago. Usually around my birthday each year, however, I still feel the urge to find a local doughnut shop, pick out a couple of chocolate-covered sprinkled doughnuts, and think back on the simple joy of sharing breakfast with my dad.

• Wendy says:

I love your post! I also love sprinkles but never thought about using in home decor! I am going to try something!

7. This time she is facing off competition from Jennifer Lawrence (American Hustle), Lupita Nyong’o (12 Years a Slave), Julia Roberts (August: Osage County) and June Squibb (Nebraska).

8. gGAFXt says:

114134 14678 Nice post. I learn something a lot more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content material from other writers and practice a bit something from their store. I

9. click here says:

393900 2456Any person several opportune pieces, it comes surely, as properly as you bring in crave of various the several other types of hikers close to you with hard part your question. pre owned awnings 70055

10. By Jayne O’Donnell, USA TODAY