Suddenly the office is divided between Team Jonathan and Team Drew supporters, so our lifestyle editor created temporary tattoos that show our allegiance. When a picture of them landed on Twitter, we received tons of replies asking where to get these tats and how to make them.
Well here you go! All you need is a laser or ink-jet printer and a temporary tattoo kit, which includes decal and adhesive paper. Follow the steps below, then tweet a pic of your tattoos to @HGTVMag using either #TeamDrew or #TeamJonathan to get in on the fun with us!
- First step: Choose a side. Who do you think will win this season of Brother vs. Brother? [Catch up on any episodes you may have missed here.]
- Click here to download the PDF of Team Drew and Team Jonathan tattoos, then save to your desktop. [Don’t worry that the pictures look backward. They will be flipped over before you apply the tattoos, so Jonathan and Drew will appear correctly on your skin.]
- Peel off the disposable front layer of the decal paper, [try Water Slide Temporary Tattoo Paper, decalpaper.com] and insert into printer. Print the image on the glossy side. Let dry for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the disposable backing of the clear adhesive sheet and place directly on top of the printed decal paper. Be sure to remove air bubbles with an old credit card, straight edge or wallpaper smoother.
- Cut around the image. Remove the adhesive layer and place tattoo ink-side down on clean, dry skin, pressing firmly.
- Dab a damp cloth or paper towel to the tattoo until the entire tattoo shows through the paper. Remove paper to reveal the temporary tattoo.
A video tutorial, available on decalpaper.com, shares tips and tricks and shows you the printing and application process from start to finish.
Tune in Sundays at 9/8c to cheer on your team, and head over to the Brother Vs. Brother home base for web-exclusive videos, competition recaps, and behind-the-scenes looks.