UPDATE: This poll is now closed. Thanks for spending Christmas in July with HGTV Magazine.

christmas in july

Get a head start on the holidays! Browse the Christmas in July hub where our hgtv.com editors have found the best ideas for handmade gifts and decorations, kids’ crafts, greeting cards and more. But first, take a second to answer the question below. HGTV Magazine is already prepping for this year’s December issue and asks for your input on the long-standing Christmas tree debate: real or fake?

Christmas decorations

The holidays will be here before you know it.

HGTV Magazine, Holidays

1. Becky says:

I love my fake trees because I can keep them up longer!

2. Gina says:

I love my fake tree, the real trees didn't have strong enough branches for all of my ornaments.

3. Debbie Merck says:

I put my tree up early it’s big and full and lots of branches . I love to change it up and add new things each year.no watering required! Lights are are already on.

4. Debbie Merck says:

My fake tree has full branches. Light’s are already on the tree no watering required.

5. lhynn Pachejo says:

We can put it up as early as we want pilipino’s celebrate Christmas the longest that’s why we love our fake tree

6. Rebecca Seawright says:

I put mine up early and leave up late also, but it's the real thing. I just keep it watered. Have had no problems for 40+ years. The fun part is taking the grandkids to pick the perfect tree!

7. josie zavala says:

Had No problems with real two real and two not but works real good

8. Mainah says:

Living in Maine and within 10 miles of at least 3 Christmas tree farms, I am holding out as long as I can before going fake. It wasn't until the last 10 yrs or so I actually paid for one !

9. Willis says:

I love all 29 of my fake trees!!!

10. Dorothy says:

I like a fake tree not only because they last longer, but I love pine trees so pretty and smell so good I hate to see them killed for a couple of weeks to hang decorations and what about the ones that don't sell? I know the tree farmers will hate me, but I think we should let nature be!!!!