Meg's pressed botanical heart art

This week on HGTV Handmade, I brought inside beautiful leaves from the ferns in my backyard to create DIY heart art, and this got me all into the botanicals-as-decor trend.

YouTube Preview Image

Pressed botanicals are a classic form of decor with so many ways to put your own spin on it. Let’s see how people are customizing their botanicals to see if it’ll spark more ideas!

botanical apothocary jars

Hello Lidy created really rad botanical apothecary jars that leave quite an impact when shown as a collection.

3D flower wallpaper

I went crazy for this rad 3D Flower Wallpaper installation when I first blogged about it on CRAFT in 2011. Created by Front, a Swedish designer, this living install is so lovely for your home as decor, or as a temporary botanical-inspired photo booth back-drop when you have a garden party.

botanical stamps

If you fall a little less under the DIY category and a little more under the “I’ll buy it”, never fear, you can get your botanical on with these adorable stamps by Etsy seller Karamelo.

botanical pumpkins

I love a unique DIY that I’ve never seen before, and that is what Uncommon Designs Online created with their own version of a botanical pumpkin.

paper cut botanicals

Bring your love of leaves to a paper-cut place with these pretty paper cut cards by New House Project.

1. Ruthie Rhodes says:

How do I get on the show,I would like a man cave for my husband. he is a hard working man who deserve a place to relax.I think u need some every day honest people on show .

2. Barb-HHI, SC says:

My sister and I were just saying the same thing! Bring back the decorating shows!!!

3. Pat says:

I couldn't agree more with these comments. Please HGTV, find a happy balance with your TV show offerings, some craft, some do-it-yourself, some gardening, some home repair, etc. The one I dislike the most is House Hunters International. I rarely watch HGTV these days and I will rejoin your viewing audience as soon as you provide more interesting shows.

4. tatty marie diaz says:

I agree bring hback the good shows and no more house hunters. Everything is the same. More variety, please

5. Deborah Lee says:

If memory serves, the design shows – and their millions of loyal viewers – were what really brought this channel into the ‘limelight.’ Certainly the almost rock star following of David Bromstad, the first winner of Design Star, supports that viewpoint. As an avid thrift store shopper and amateur small-budget interior designer, I speak to lots of people and 99% of them are extremely disappointed at the extreme lack if great design shows. Further, and without sounding too ‘political,’ given the state of our economy over the past decade or so, it is a bit of an insult to the American Middle Class – HGTV’s largest demographic! – to not meet its viewing needs and wants.

6. rosemary says:

Got to agree with all the comments. The prices for the homes a far beyond what most people can afford. Also the waste of throwing away things just because they are"dated". Really!!! Please have more gardening shows also. Decorating on a real budget, not $100,000. Have not watched this channel in I don't know how long. Show how to do things with paint, etc. The planet cannot take anymore waste for the sake of ego!

7. shirley says:

I don't watch HGTV any more. BORING!!!!!!! Put on some creative, instructive programs.

8. Linda Vernon says:

Another lady in agreement with the on and on real estate shows. Is it that the others we all liked have made good with business and their income that they don't want to do HGTV anymore? Enough is enough.

9. Sandy Young says:

I so heartily agree!! Candice Olson,Genevieve Gorder, David Bromstad, where are you???? I fell in love with HGTV because of those people and their design shows. Im so sick of House Hunters, and especially House Hunters International!!! How about something REAL!!!

10. Guest says:

HGTV would be better if it just aired the website. The only good stuff is here! Seriously, even your die-hard faithful audience is voting with their remotes and going elsewhere.