We’ve covered some cool ideas for buckets in this space, but since you might be doing some more outdoor entertaining these days, I’ve gotta share these ideas for galvanized tubs. Whether you use them to add ambiance to your yard or to keep drinks chilly for your guests, they’re sure to come in handy. Take a look…

5 Outdoor Ideas for Galvanized Metal Wash Tubs: Light Fixture

Old Galvanized Tub –> New Light Fixture
A galvanized tub light fixture has a rustic industrial charm that looks just right over an outdoor dining table. Check out Brian Patrick Flynn’s project on DIY Network to see how to make your own version at home.

5 Outdoor Ideas for Galvanized Metal Wash Tubs: Outdoor Fountain

Photo: RMS user songbirdooh

Old Galvanized Tub –> New Fountain
This galvanized tub fountain also perfectly incorporates a past Designer MacGyver material: a watering can. See more pictures from RMS user songbirdooh‘s project and learn how you can make a fountain for your yard here.

5 Outdoor Ideas for Galvanized Metal Wash Tubs: Planter

Old Galvanized Tub –> New Planter
Oh, I’ve said it before and I’m sure I’ll say it again: This Designer MacGyver material makes a surprisingly good planter! Just be sure to take a cue from Emily Henderson and drill drainage holes in the bottom.

5 Outdoor Ideas for Galvanized Metal Wash Tubs: Coffee Table

Old Galvanized Tub –> New Coffee Table
A coffee table is a fun and unexpected use for a metal tub. If you use a clear plastic or glass surface to top it, as seen here, you can fill the bottom with water and float flowers or cute objects inside for an added style boost to your party.

5 Outdoor Ideas for Galvanized Metal Wash Tubs: Soda Station

Design and photography: Olivia Kanaley of A Field Journal

Old Galvanized Tub –> Soda Station
It’s hard to be the host at a party when all you want to do is relax and mingle, but this galvanized tub trick really helps. Fill it with ice and stock it with plenty of your favorite beverages before guests arrive, so they can help themselves.

Which galvanized tub idea galvanized your support? And do you have any more genius uses for metal wash tubs? Leave them in the comments below!

Designer MacGyver

1. Sharon says:

Ditto here. I turned on HGTV for the first time in about nine months and still too much house hunter and demolition/renovation shows. Quickly tuned to something else.

2. Deby C says:

Always loved Candace Olson (absolutely, the best) and the other shows mentioned (would love to see "Design on a Dime" return, perhaps w/a little larger budget) and aways enjoyed "Curb Appeal." Nice, fun people — different show each time. Even my hubby would watch that show. Current shows are too formulaic and predictable. I like them occasionally, but mix it up a bit, HGTV.

3. Pat says:

HGTV, are you listening??

4. susie says:

I agree with everyone else. Bring back the old show. We like love it or list it but not over end over and over SUSIE

5. Jennie says:

I agree with all the comments. My friends and I loved all the decorator shows but no longer watch HGTV.

6. Sielka says:

Love this jσb, since I've been bringing in $120/h… I sit at home, music playing while I wσrk in front of my new iMac that I got now that I'm making it σnline. All I do are easy tasks from this one cool site. Check this out! http://migre.me/kICm9

7. guest says:

Feel compelled to write that outside of Colour Confidential and Candice Tells All that I must be up at 6:30 am to see weekdays I have all but abandoned HGTV for the very reasons outlined above. Enough is enough with the Love it or List its or Property Bros. Over exposure is a big problem as is the same boring format over and over with both shows. How about decorating small spaces or how to do (things) we can all benefit from?

8. Jeri Harp says:

Where is Mike Holmes? Miss, miss, miss his candid show!

9. Sharlene says:

I agree with the comments! Please add some variety to the shows. I loved the old decorating shows!

10. Linda says:

Yes, bring the shows of great design shows. Candace O, Curb Appeal. Too much competition for money.