Featured

Sparkling Hibiscus Cooler

Lately, the use of my porch has bordered on abuse. In the search for the slightest reason to park on the swing or rocker, I’ve come to notice that a beverage is always near and this rosy concoction has been my latest companion. It’s laced with the flavors of fresh ginger and lime, but it’s the addition of sparkling mineral water that truly heightens the level of refreshment. Enjoy sipping it slow in a heavily iced glass that stands for a minute or two. The intentionally tart brew needs no accent, but if you must garnish, a simple lime twist does the trick.

Norm’s Notes: Ice Ice Baby

I am a recovering ice nerd. I have molds on molds and trays on trays that capture simple water and transform it into a sublime luxury. I still love shattering a few cubes for a slushy drink or using whole chunks for the slow dilution of a cocktail, but after all of my experimentation I made up my mind that the bagged stuff from the grocery store is best. Blasphemy? I don’t think so. The folks who make that stuff know what they’re doing and I find clean filtered water frozen into consistent pieces works best for me. Maybe I’ve become lazy or more efficient in my years, but gone is the quest to make the “perfect” ice cube. Although I still freeze up a tray of large cubes for a Manhattan from time to time, more often than not, I’ll dip into the bag of pre-made crystals and go on about my way.

Sparkling Hibiscus Cooler

Makes 6 servings

1 (1-oz.) package dried hibiscus flowers (about ½ cup)

½ cup chopped fresh ginger

½ cup sugar

1/4 cup fresh lime juice

32 oz. chilled sparkling mineral water

Ice cubes

1. Bring hibiscus, ginger, sugar and 2 ½ cups water to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; boil 2 minutes. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes. Strain through a fine wire mesh strainer; discard solids. Cover and chill 2 to 3 hours or until well chilled.

2. Combine hibiscus mixture, lime juice and sparkling water in a large pitcher filled with ice cubes; gently stir. Serve over ice cubes.

Entertaining

1. DBCoop says:

A sparkling Hibiscus Cooler sounds mighty refreshing to me, but when the mid-summer daytime highs run up to 110 degrees or more, nearly any flavored ice cold beverage will do.

On the topic of ice cubes, here's a chilling story: I juice an entire season's crop of Meyer lemons, pour it into trays, and when frozen pop them into baggies to store in the freezer as needed for homemade lemonade by the pitcherful, or just a cube or two in a glass of cold filtered water to add a lemony twist.

2. This is something I like, I am going to use this for my next Reptile Party.

3. Deborah says:

We don't have dried Hibscus flowers in the store and I have no Hibiscus in my garden. Where did you get the flowers.

4. Mary says:

I love hibiscus tea. You can usually buy the dried leaves at Whole Foods or where I get mine – Mountain Rose Herbs.

5. Linda says:

For dried hibiscus blossoms, try your local Mexican grocery, like Mi Pueblo. They have hibiscus blossoms in bulk at a very cheap price.

6. Dave says:

Hello! I would like to share this content on my blog. Is it okay if I do this?

7. gucci outlet says:

Nicely apple ipad tablet is a expensive device nonetheless. Yet truthfully only a spend involving . -= NpXp’s continue site… Exactly how To not Find Forbidden By Yahoo or google Adsense =-.

8. Ich beobachte die Menge unten, in der Hoffnung, eine offensichtliche "Gruen Transfer" zu erkennen. Seien Sie nicht 眉berrascht, wenn Sie noch nie etwas von der Gruen 脺berweisung geh枚rt euch nicht. Die meisten von uns nicht, aber wir alle haben es erlebt.

9. Of Giorgio Quercus, McCoy added: ‘He hadn’t run for a long time, but he’s quite straightforward and I just wanted to make sure he finished his race.’

10. Downloading stuff from this web site is as easy |as clicking the mouse rather than other web pages which move me here and there on the web pages Sparkling Hibiscus Cooler Recipe | HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens .
    Ugg Bailey Bow Boot 2014 sale http://msmacrt.com/cheapuggsale/ugg-bailey-bow-boot-2014-c-51.html