We’re sharing a little of what you’re going to love in the latest September issue of HGTV Magazine, before it hits newsstands on Tuesday, August 5. Kitchens take the stage this month with stories on DIY art projects (more on that below), and a tour of Alison Victoria’s (host of Kitchen Crashers) personal cooking space.

September 2014 cover

Pick up your copy next week!

Take your pick from seven fun DIYs, all with a foodie-theme in mind, that will look charming on any kitchen wall. Plus, we’ve got exclusive downloads that can help you bring a few to life, only at hgtv.com/diy-kitchen-art.

DIY art projects

Ombré Cork Heart and Painted Wooden Spoons

This black, white, and red kitchen looks retro, but also so right-now. If you like the color palette, then you’ll enjoy the rest of the house, too. Take the tour.

black white and red kitchen

Seize the day

Catch up with everything @HGTVMag on Twitter.

HGTV Magazine

1. Deb Voso says:

I’ve been a subscribes since the first publication and generally love everything high low being a favorite
    But I have to be honest I miss some of your classier designs/ designers like Candice Olson and Sarah Richardson
    I believe you need to address all types not just shabby chic.
    Bring some elegance back please!
    Loyal fan from NC

• Nina says:

I couldn't agree more. HGTV magazine seems to be following your network 's model. If I see one more house hunters show on HGTV I might cancel my cable. I know that these shows are HGTV's answer to reality tv…but come on! Whatever happened to your designers like Candace Olson, David Bromstadt, Sarah Richardson, Vern Yip and Sabrina Sotto. All of the winners of the design star show seem to disappear into the either as well. These designers were the heart and soul of your network…and you are just shooting yourself in the foot. I used to watch HGTV religiously…but now…I only glance at it occasionally. Who is asleep at the switch?

• Priscilla says:

Nina, I agree with you 100%. I have been thinking the exact same thing for quite a while now. I used to watch HGTV everyday but now rarely watch it. It is sad they have to compete with low class reality tv. Please give us back the 'old' HGTV.

• Bwj says:

I agree I don't want to nearest much HGTV as I used to the programming just doesn't is good I am sick of House hunters and all the crashing rooms are not designers

2. judy says:

How can you get water rings (the white rings left on wooden tables by leaving wet glasses on them) out of the wood table top??

3. Alice Barajas says:

Hgtvmagazine/September 2014. What is the color of the dark blue kitchen cabinet? Page 139, with Jonathan Scott.

4. ครอบครองผู้สารภาพเอาเทคโนโลยีคอนแทกต์เลนส์อัจฉริยะที่หมายความว่าสิทธิบัตรของใช้กูเกิลมาทดสอบกำเนิดแท้ จีเมล ซึ่งถ้าเทคโนโลยีนี้จะยังธำรงระหว่างการขยายแม้ว่างานลองทำเปิดเปิงสายสืบการเกิดคอนแทกต์เลนส์อัจฉริยะเพ็จกระทำให้การวิจัยพร้อมด้วย จีเมล วิวัฒน์ประกอบด้วยกรณีฟู่ฟ่องทันทีทันใด จีเมล ขึ้นวงกลมนี้จะชี้นำเที่ยวไปสู่แบบไว้ค้าขายบริเวณเชาว์ขึ้นไปตามเดินทางเช่นเดียวกันกูเกิลตรงนั้นหนี จีเมล ตัวตนแบบไตร่ตรองเทคโนโลยีคอนแทกต์เลนส์อัจฉริยะตั้งแต่เดือนมกราคมตำแหน่งพ้นมาสู่

5. Onethatisoutthere says:

WOW

6. Hi there! This is my first visit to your blog!
    We are a group of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same niche.
    Your blog provided us beneficial information to work on. You have
    done a outstanding job!

In case you might have read this far along into the commentary, you’d be very happy to learn about steamers rice cookers at this
    excellent resource.

7. Shannon says:

Yes! Too much house hunters and house hunters international. I’ve come to hate these shows. Where is Sabrina Soto?? There used to be such a variety of shows 3-4 yrs ago. Disappointed in the lazy programming on my favorite channel.

8. cord fencing are usually most commonly known as a possible low-cost secure fencing solution very popular throughout field parts to keep livestock confined for you to specific locations. Whenever utilized on combination having stiched wire wall, barbed insert can be very able at avoiding significant creatures via becoming worn walls, as well as regarding trying to keep smaller wildlife through searching under the kennel area line. Barbed wire could also be used to be able to line plants as a way to keep big animals via obtaining it as well as wreaking chaos.