Did you like my post about musical instrument design ideas? Then I’m betting these sheet music crafts will be up your alley, too! If you’ve got old sheet music that hasn’t seen love since your childhood piano lessons, consider turning it into something you can enjoy and admire every day. (Of course, you could always keep an eye out for old sheet music at flea markets, too.) If you object to repurposing the original sheets for crafts, you can easily make copies on similarly-colored paper.

Sheet Music Crafts: Decoupaged Dresser

Design: Marian Parsons

Old Sheet Music –> New Decoupaged Dresser
This idea for old sheet music from Marian Parsons serves another purpose: hiding imperfections like gouges or water marks on furniture. The lovely aged color of the music looks totally at home in this shabby-chic style setting, too.

Sheet Music Crafts: Dressed-Up Candles

Credit: ShareMyCraft user CarolinaCottage

Old Sheet Music –> New Dressed-Up Candles
Wrapping some old sheet music around tea light holders is a bright idea, as seen here from ShareMyCraft user CarolinaCottage. The warm color of the the paper makes for an especially soft, inviting candle glow.

Sheet Music Crafts: Holiday Decor

Design: Marian Parsons

Old Sheet Music –> New Holiday Decor
It’s never too early in the year to start thinking about the holidays, that’s what I say. If you feel the same way, check out our special Christmas in July package (it’s okay that it’s August, those ideas don’t expire!) and take a look at these next three crafts. I love these sheet music trees from Marian Parsons for an entryway display or perched atop a mantel. Head here for the how-to details.

Sheet Music Crafts: Pretty Place Setting

Design: Marian Parsons

Old Sheet Music –> New Place Setting
Using sheet music as the base for an elegant place setting is so simple, yet so effective. (You can even pick and choose the songs at each seat based on who will be sitting there for a personal touch.)

Sheet Music Crafts: Tree Topper

Design: Marian Parsons

Old Sheet Music –> New Tree Topper
Is there anything Marian Parsons can’t do with sheet music? After seeing this tree topper and the ideas above, I think not! This sheet music beauty is a cool, unconventional alternative to the usual angel or star.

Which sheet music craft struck a chord with you? And do you have any more smart ideas for old sheet music? Leave them in the comments below!

1. Llinda Schick says:

Why not decoupage over old frames for family pictures. Or I'm thinking put some in the back of a shadow box, and display old toy instruments or small instruments like a piccolo or harmonica. I like the chest of drawers idea, why not a corkboard. When the sheet music gets too tattered, replace it. Put it in the back of a frame, place screen or chicken wire over it, add hooks for jewelry.

2. pat says:

someone I know has a wreath made out of the paper and I as wondering how they did it! Maybe similar to the tree topper!

3. Amy says:

I did an almost identical dresser 10 years ago, only I painted the case black. Same glass knobs, and all! I made a wreath like the tree topper out of regular old book pages – now I must try with sheet music!

4. Judy says:

modge podge over a mason jar or bottle . Add some ribbon or twine

5. Sharon says:

Mat and frame old sheet music and hang on walls for art!! I did, and it looks great…near the piano.

6. judy s. says:

Take old sheet music that you once used–preferably music pages that have your old markings (or your teacher's). Pick an appropriate frame and hang.

7. Guest says:

Saw an adorable paper chain made of old sheet music. Would be nice on a Christmas tree or draped along garland.

8. Patti43 says:

Love the old dresser & tree topper. Another idea I love that is simple enough even for children is…. a paper chin made with strips of sheet music. So charming on a fireplace or the tree.

9. Soders says:

Please let me know if you’re looking for a writer for your weblog. You have some really great posts and I believe I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d love to write some content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please blast me an email if interested. Thank you!

10. Merissa says:

It was my pleasure finding your blog, please keep providing such useful information.