This year will mark my sixth year at Great Stage Park in Manchester, Tenn. for the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival. At this point, packing for ‘Roo is second nature. I know I need sunscreen, baby wipes, bug spray — the obvious “essentials.” But I like to head onto the farm looking a little more chic than I would on a typical camping adventure. I mean, I’ll be front row watching my favorite artist — I have to look good, right?
For those heading to sunny Southern California this weekend for Coachella, here are few things you’ll definitely see around the festival grounds. Is anyone else festival bound this summer? Check out our list of must haves.
1. Urban Outfitters | 2. Sunpocket | 3. Nordstrom | 4. Aldo | 5. Incase | 6. Backcountry | 7. Sephora
1. Rain Booties. There’s nothing worse than rain at a music festival with 80,000+ people. (If it rains on the first day/night, you’re done.) BUT, you can make the most of a messy situation with Jeffrey Campbell’s sleek and chic rain booties. ($70.00)
2. Sunnies. You’re like, “Duh — sunglasses.” But these are the best. They’re 70s-style Sunpockets that features an aviator model with a sporty appearance. And as all Sunpockets do — they fold up! It’s perfect for when your daytime music set turns into night. ($73.50)
3. Chic Sun Hat. SUN PROTECTION. We hear it over and over again, but it’s so crucial. I can’t live without my sun hat when I’m out there in the hot Tennessee sun for five days. I love this maroon beauty because it doesn’t feel like I’m about to pull weeds from the yard, but it doesn’t feel terribly sophisticated either. ($52.00)
4. Multi-Pocket Backpack. I still have my college backpack and I love it, but I really just want something that’s a cross between a purse and a backpack when I’m going from show to show. This faux leather multi-pocket backpack is super practical with a number of compartments for keeping essentials organized. Plus, it doesn’t look like you’re headed on a hike. ($50.00)
5. Portable Phone Charger. OMG. Nothing makes me more enraged than trying to Insta-brag at a festival when my phone dies. You’re going to lose battery power quick — that’s a fact. But instead of spending all your time chitchatting at charging stations, keep this baby in your bag and you’ll be snapping pics all night long. ($79.95)
6. Soft Water Bottle. Staying hydrated is key to making your festival experience a positive one. But toting around a gallon of water all day? Not. Fun. I love these soft bottles that roll up or flatten until I’m ready for my next refill. ($7.95-$15.95)
7. Dry Shampoo. Uh, yeah. So about the shower situation. You’ll want to definitely bring some dry shampoo for your mane. I love Alterna’s sugar-lemon spray because of its scent and translucent appearance. It does the job well. ($22.00)
Fellow festivalgoers — what’s on your essentials list? What beauty, tech or fashion products make your festival experience better? Share them with us in the comments below!