Brrrr! We woke up to a dusting of snow here at HGTV Headquarters, but it’s certainly nothing compared to our team in the Northeast. (Stay safe and warm, you guys!) If you’re spending the day hunkered down indoors, we’ve got some resourceful ways to overcome cabin fever. First, stay in your PJs all day. Take advantage of this, people.
1. Again, wear pajamas all. day. long. We suggest flannel or fleece-lined sets to keep you nice and cozy during single-digit temps.
2. If the kiddos are out of school (or even if they’re not), now’s the perfect time to get creative with the guest linens by building an indoor fort. Bring in the laptop or iPad for a special movie screening, and don’t forget the twinkle lights.
3. Warm up in seconds with sweet, spicy and boozy hot chocolate recipes.
4. Break open one of this month’s must-reads. (Download it on your e-reader or iPad to start right away.)
5. Break for a warm, indoor campfire treat: oven-baked s’mores.
6. Feeling productive? Tackle some household to-dos while stuck indoors, like accessory organizing or getting those shoes in order. HGTV’s Genevieve Gorder spent part of her snow day getting her kitchen knife drawer arranged. (Those Laguiole knives — swoon!)
Feeling crafty? Try these winter-inspired crafts.