Welcome to Spring Essentials, a Design Happens mini-series where we’ll highlight our favorite products to help you get your home ready for spring. The sixth installment: Functional outdoor furniture and fun accessories for outdoor entertaining. See our product picks, then enter for a chance to win some colorful accents for your backyard.
Hosting a backyard bash in the spring can be a blast, but if you’re constantly running inside for drink refills or stressing about your meager outdoor seating, that can take some of the fun out of it. Before you invite your friends and family over for an alfresco get-together, give your outdoor spaces a party-inspired makeover. The right furniture and accessories will keep your guests happy and your soiree running smoothly, so you can thoroughly enjoy the festivities, too. Check out our favorite products for a party-perfect backyard.
1. Six-Seat Sectional and Stool. Anchor your outdoor space with comfortable, versatile furniture – if you have enough room, a sectional will offer maximum seating and flexibility. This six-seater features a movable footstool for guests who want to prop their feet up, and a neutral fabric that can easily be dressed up with colorful accessories. ($840)
2. Cantilever Umbrella. Your fairer-skinned friends will appreciate this backyard addition. A substantial nine feet in diameter, this cantilever umbrella in soothing spa green tilts and turns 360 degrees to provide shade anywhere you need it. ($369.99)
3. Outdoor Wood Cooler. Ditch your standard plastic cooler and upgrade to this sophisticated wood version. It’ll look great on your deck or patio, and it’ll keep your beverages and snacks cool so you don’t have to keep running inside to fetch refreshments for your guests. ($149.99)
4. Elephant Garden Stool. Don’t forget a spot for party-goers to set their drinks. Add a small side table or – better yet – this adorable elephant garden stool, which can also serve as extra seating in a pinch. ($90.89)
5. Pizza Fire Pit. This is genius: This multifunctional fire pit comes with two pizza stones and a removable grill for whipping up homemade pizza, steak or veggies. Once you’re finished cooking, you can remove the accessories and keep the fire blazing for warmth and ambiance. ($78.99)
6. Medallion Outdoor Pillows. Jazz up solid-color furniture and add comfort with vibrant outdoor pillows. These stunners make a statement with a bold medallion design, and their ample size will encourage hours of outdoor lounging. (Warning: your guests may never leave.) ($49.50 each)
Ready to spice up your outdoor space? One lucky Design Happens reader will win two Pottery Barn Outdoor Malibu Medallion Pillows.
To enter for a chance to win, leave a comment below. This giveaway’s question: What’s your secret to an amazing outdoor soiree?
You may only comment once to be considered, and you don’t have to purchase anything to win; a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Odds depend on total number of entries. Void where prohibited by law. Only open to legal residents of 50 U.S., D.C. or Puerto Rico, and you must be at least 18 years of age to win. All entries (comments) must be entered between 10:00 a.m. ET on April 10, 2015 and 12:00 p.m. ET on April 13, 2015. Subject to full official rules. By leaving a comment on the blog, you acknowledge your acceptance to the Official Rules. ARV of prizes: $99. Sponsor: Scripps Networks, LLC, d/b/a HGTV, 9721 Sherrill Boulevard, Knoxville, TN 37932.