We love putting together specially-curated gift guides for everyone’s favorite holidays. But today, I wanted to make a special Mother’s Day gift guide for anyone still looking for last-minute ideas.
Earlier this week I sent out an email to the D-Hap team asking, “What are you getting your mom/grandmother/godmother/special lady for Mother’s Day and why?” Here’s what I got:
1. Williams-Sonoma 3. HGTV.com 4. West Elm 5. Echo Design 6. DIYNetwork.com
1. Spiralizer + Cookbook. “I’m getting my mom this spiralizer and cookbook from Williams-Sonoma. She mentioned this gadget to me months ago, and luckily, I remembered! We’re a family who loves to cook, and cook together, and I’m excited to test a few recipes out with her during Mother’s Day weekend.” — Alyssa Sparacino
2. Mini Fern Garden. ”My mom has a deep love of gardening, so this year I’m making her a miniature fern garden so she can bring the outdoors in. This faceted Cynthia Rowley planter is too perfect filled with ferns, mosses and miniature vines. I love it so much I made one for myself, too!” — Marianne Canada
3. Handmade Hanging Basket. “While I sometimes have trouble finding the “perfect” gift for my handmade item-loving Mom for other holidays, I always get her the same thing for Mother’s Day: a hanging basket. Since she’s an avid flower gardener, she counts on the fact that my sister and I will replenish the blooms on her front porch. My sister always gets Mom a trailing fuchsia plant, while I switch it up from year to year, but always pick out something that coordinates with the pink-and-purple flowers. This year, I’m making it extra-special by planting a custom mix of plants in a pretty hanging planter.” — Liz Gray
4. Sweet Hedgehog Planter. “My mother and I have a fondness for hedgehogs and also for gardening, so when I spied this whimsical earthenware planter from West Elm, I knew it had to be mine. I bought a version for myself, too. (I am a mother after all!) I’ll pot my mother’s up with succulents for gift-giving and include a gift basket with some favorite Riesling from a recent trip to Asheville, N.C., some luxurious garden-to-shower bath products and a few little surprises, many of them garden-related, for good measure.” — Felicia Feaster
5. eReader Protector. I actually have no idea what to get my mom this year, so she’s probably going to end up with a restaurant gift card or something. She always has a beach trip planned for the end of May, so in the past I’ve gotten her this terrycloth beach reader to protect her Kindle, which is her number one beach companion, and this luxe cover because it stays put on the beach chaise lounger. — Beth Rucker
6. Homemade Spa Kit. For this Mother’s Day I’m making my mom some homemade bath salts with sea salt, almond oil and essential oils of lavender and rosemary. It will be wrapped up with a luxurious body lotion and a yummy candle. — Michelle Edgemont
Now we want to know: what are you getting that special woman for Mother’s Day? Let us know in the comments below!