Congratulations to the giveaway winner, Ashley!
Welcome to Spring Essentials, a Design Happens mini-series where we’ll highlight our favorite products to help you get your home ready for spring. The fourth installment: Kitchen tools that will help you turn spring produce into a delicious feast. See our product picks, then enter for a chance to win one of these tools for your home.
Felicia has you digging in the garden in style, so you’re going to need to do something with all the fresh greens, asparagus, peas and other fresh spring produce that sprouts from your soil. Using the right kitchen tools makes a world of difference in making cooking with fruits and veggies easy and enjoyable. Grab these tools and get cooking so that you can take advantage of the beautiful spring bounty!
1. Chef’n SpinCycle Salad Spinner: Give your greens and herbs a good wash to get them fully clean, and then rid them of excess water to keep them crisp with this handy salad spinner. The Chef’n SpinCycle comes in a cute spring green color and lays flat for handy storage. ($25)
2. KAI for Williams-Sonoma Chef’s Knife, 8-inch: Every good chef has a quality knife, and a chef’s knife is the perfect workhorse for slicing, chopping and dicing just about anything — especially spring produce. The 8-inch KAI for Williams-Sonoma Chef’s Knife comes in a bright, bold red that is perfect for spring. ($19.95)
3. Cuisinart MultiClad Pro Triple-Ply Stainless Universal Steamer With Lid: Steaming is one of the healthiest and easiest ways to cook fresh produce, and it’s a great way to make veggies easier to eat without losing their bright flavors. This universal steamer from Cuisinart fits inside 2-, 3- and 4-quart saucepans so that you can choose the cooking vessel that works best at any given time. ($34.99)
4. Full Circle Fresh Air Compost Collector: If you’re cooking with veggies and fruits, you’ll end up with scraps which you’ll want to compost and use to add nutrients back to your garden (circle of life!). The Full Circle Fresh Air Compost Collector allows oxygen to easily flow through your organic waste, reducing odor and preventing fruit flies. A win for everyone! ($29.95)
5. Kate Spade New York Melamine Collection: When you’re done preparing your meal, how about serve your delicious culinary creation to friends and family on the back patio? The cute dishes in the Kate Spade New York Melamine Collection come in fun colors with festive sayings and won’t shatter if dropped. ($14-$40)
Are you ready to start cooking? One lucky Design Happens reader will win a Full Circle Fresh Air Compost Collector, just in time for Earth Day.
To enter for a chance to win, leave a comment below. This giveaway’s question: What spring vegetable or fruit have you been looking forward to eating the most?
You may only comment once to be considered, and you don’t have to purchase anything to win; a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Odds depend on total number of entries. Void where prohibited by law. Only open to legal residents of 50 U.S., D.C. or Puerto Rico, and you must be at least 18 years of age to win. All entries (comments) must be entered between 4:00 p.m. ET on April 2, 2015 and 6:00 p.m. ET on April 3, 2015. Subject to full official rules. By leaving a comment on the blog, you acknowledge your acceptance to the Official Rules. ARV of prizes: $30. Sponsor: Scripps Networks, LLC, d/b/a HGTV, 9721 Sherrill Boulevard, Knoxville, TN 37932.