There’s nothing in the world my dog loves more than lying in a pile of dirty laundry. Unfortunately, I’m not a dog, so mountains of dirty laundry only serve to gross me out, take up space and remind me what a bad housekeeper I am.
I’ve made it my mission to search far and wide for the most fab, stylish, chic hampers out there to help tame the dirty laundry monster that always seems to live right next to my bed, on my bathroom floor, and if I’m being really honest, on my closet floor, too.
1. Provence Laundry Hamper. Is this a bedside table? A side table? Spoiler alert: NO! It’s actually a hamper cleverly hidden inside a piece of furniture. #genius
2. Charcoal Felt Hamper. This hamper makes me think about neckties, dress shoes and Leonardo DiCaprio yelling “Act as if…!” from Wolf of Wall Street. It’s a pretty swank spot for your dirty socks.
3. Elephant Hamper. Sometimes if I’m having a bad day I’ll type “best friends elephants” into YouTube and spend 20 minutes smile-crying while watching sweet elephant videos. This hamper makes me smile the exact same way.
4. Aqua Herringbone Hamper. Bring a little cheer to the misery that is the spin cycle with this bright, bohemian-chic African basket, or store your snake/belly dancing supplies in it. Whatever works.
5. Round Commercial Hamper. This hamper captures the industrial-chic spirit with the ease of wheels. This would be particularly helpful if, like me, your laundry needs to be collected from all corners of your home.
6. Stainless/Leather Hamper. This is clearly the Rolls Royce of all hampers. If I owned one of these bad boys, I’d probably put it in the middle of my living room floor for everyone to see rather than hidden in a closet corner. It might be the most beautiful hamper I’ve ever seen in my life.
Which one suits your design style? Let us know in the comments.