Welcome to Spring Essentials, a Design Happens mini-series where we’ll highlight our favorite products to help you get your home ready for spring. The fifth installment: Spring-inspired bedding that will make your bedroom look bright and refreshed all season — and all summer! — long.
I’m one of those people with cold-weather bedding and warm-weather bedding. During the winter, there’s nothing better than wrapping up in my cozy flannel sheets. But from April to September, I like to keep it light and breezy in the bedding department. Right now, my bed is dressed in a classic navy prep strip duvet, mint polka-dot sheets, and mint and lime throw pillows. My bedding palette is cool and refreshing like the season.
Have you swapped out your winter bedding yet? Take a look at our seasonal bedroom picks in especially lively hues.
1. Spring-y Duvet Cover. Imagine walking into your bedroom and seeing an array of blooming florals and rich leafy foliage every single day. That’s the power of this gorgeous organic duvet cover. ($79-$103)
2. Embroidered Sheets. The folks at Serena & Lily said it best: “Our not-so-basic white sheets make a great foundation for layering color and pattern throughout the room — think of them as classics with a twist.” The colorful motif (available in eight bright hues) is both sophisticated and playful. ($148-$268)
3. Soft Throw. IMO, the Lilly Pulitzer for Target collab is one of the most exciting things to happen this season. Go ahead and bookmark this pink tasseled throw from the lookbook while we anxiously await the April 19th debut. (It’s technically called an “outdoor blanket” but I think it would look so adorable casually draped over the foot of a bed.) ($30)
4. Patterned Shams. Mixing patterns is the name of the game when it comes to putting together a beautifully-styled bed. This large-scale contemporary pattern is a nice match for the botanical duvet cover, while the navy and white pull out the bedding’s navy background. ($89.97 for the bed set)
5. & 6. Bold Throw Pillows. Here comes the fun part — throw pillows! This is where you can play with texture, pattern and color by pulling in accent colors from the duvet in fun ways. I say, you can never have too many throw pillows. Choose solids, neutrals and unexpected colors, like this green quilted pillow and this white canvas beauty with suede corner caps. ($12.95; $38.99)
Now tell us — how are you giving your bedroom a taste of spring? Swapping out your winter bedding? Tossing in some new throw pillows? Let us know!