I’m probably not the only one out there that’s feeling the winter blues (This does not apply to you, California folks!). Unfortunately, the groundhog saw his shadow, so it looks like we have a little more than two weeks of winter left. Thankfully, there is one solution to bringing some sunshine to these gloomy days — a party! You don’t need an excuse like a birthday, the holidays or a summer barbecue to get your friends together. You can throw one just because it’s winter and you feel like it. Who’s with me? We’ve rounded up our favorite winter party essentials that will keep your guests happy, cozy and ready to party.
1. Decorate With This: Sweater Napkin Rings. Knits are an easy, festive way to add warmth to your party decor. If you have a sweater collecting dust in your closet, cut small sections from it and sew the ends together to make cute, upcycled napkin rings. If you know how to sew a button, then this craft will be a cinch. Get 15 more ways to decorate with an old sweater>>
2. Wear This: Glitter Hair Pins. My favorite way to fight the winter blues is through sparkle and color. Dress up your LBD with glitter hair pins. Slide bobby pins on a scrap piece of paper to keep them stable. Apply a thin line of craft glue on top of the pin, sprinkle a generous amount of glitter and allow to dry. You’ll want to plan a grand entrance while wearing this fab hair accessory.
3. Eat This: Greek Chili. Keep your guests happy by filling their bellies with comfort food. One of the easiest hearty meals to make is chili, and today just happens to be National Chili Day. This Greek version makes a big batch, so your guests can go back for seconds…or thirds. I’m not one to judge. Get the recipe here>>
4. Sip This: Winter Sunset Cocktail. The combination of coconut-flavored rum, white crème de cacao and coffee-flavored Jamaican rum will warm your guests right up. Go the extra mile by topping it off with warm whipped cream. Get the full recipe here>>
5. Make This: Hot Chocolate Spoon Favors. Winter won’t be over after your party, unfortunately. Send your friends home with delicious hot chocolate spoons, so they can continue the party in their own home. Get the full instructions here>>
Stay safe and warm, friends! What’s on your list of winter party essentials?