A couple of days ago, we ran a post on Facebook.com/HGTV, asking you to vote on your favorite room by our pal Brian Patrick Flynn. You picked Stacy Elgin’s gorgeous home office.
As promised, Brian wrote up his design inspiration + tips for recreating the look. I love #5—it makes me feel better about my catalog addiction.
1. Due to time and budget, I needed to use products I could purchase online that included reasonable or gratis shipping costs. The wallpaper is from Graham Brown, console is from Wisteria and flooring came from Lumber Liquidators.
2. Entire build-out and installation took two weeks.
3. When using bold or busy wallpaper, keep furniture simple and graphic or else it will just be clutter.
4. To keep spaces from looking matchy-matchy, pair different styles together that introduce a mix of shapes and finishes.
5. When designing from catalogs, DO NOT buy everything from the same one, it will look flat. Buy several pieces from different catalogs so the overall look seems more evolved.
Picture your dream bedroom. Do you hear the gentle lapping of waves in the background? Is the color palette a combination of serene blue and green mixed with lush cream bedding? Oh, and does it happen to sit in the middle of a pool?
Thanks to the Facebook page, join if you want this as your bedroom, we can’t stop thinking about the many ways we would fall in wearing pajamas.
What do you think? Fabulous or just plain crazy?
We asked our Facebook fans for their funniest yard sale stories, best “finds”, and greatest moments. We received a great response from some obviously seasoned yard “sailers.” Here are some of their best yard sale tales! Don’t miss HGTV’s Endless Yard Sale 2009 this Sunday at 8/7c!
Mary: My best yard sale memory was when June Carter Cash stopped in at my yard sale. She was digging through the stuff and it was pretty embarrassing to have her buying my junk! We had a lovely conversation though – she was a truly beautiful human. It was one of my luckiest days!
Calling all Facebook fans! HGTV has its very own page on Facebook, and we want you to join the fun. Just log into your account, search for “HGTV” and click “Become a Fan.”
Check out the latest scoop on upcoming projects, see what new shows are about to hit the air and get fun widgets for your profile. Plus, don’t forget to share with all your friends.