Prime picnic weather is here and the unofficial summer kick-off is right around the corner. But before we totally jump into the sweltering summer months, let’s enjoy one more vibrant spring picnic inspired by the season’s hottest hues and flavors.
1. Wear This: Printed Empire-Waist Maxi Dress + Everyday Cardigan. Across the country, the weather is beginning to feel nice and toasty. We love this soft, sleeveless maxi dress in a pretty paisley print. The shades of green and turquoise are perfect for spring but take us right into summer, too. And we know spring and summer nights are super fickle; sometimes they’re humid and sometimes they’re bitterly cool. This everyday cardigan is perfect to throw on when the sun goes down.
2. Listen to This: x by Ed Sheeran. If the sun is shining and cocktails are flowing, then the day surely needs a soundtrack. I suggest something upbeat and edgy with a flow like Ed Sheeran’s ‘x’. Kick off your shoes and dance in the grass for this album. If anyone stays seated, then you may need to rethink your guest list next time.
3. Sip This: Lemonade Sparkler. When you need a boozy refresher, combine fresh lemonade with vodka, triple sec and cranberry juice, then (and here comes the fun part) rim the glass with Pop Rocks candy for a fun embellishment. I bet you can’t even remember the last time you had Pop Rocks! Get the recipe >>
4. Decorate With This: DIY Arrangement. Making your own flower arrangements is so much easier than you think. Use inexpensive grocery store blooms or flowers straight from your garden, and follow these quick tips to get professional-looking centerpieces in minutes. Our stunning arrangement was made by simply upcycling an attractive vegetable can.
5. Eat This: Light Spring Fare. When it’s warm outside, the last thing you want to have at a picnic is hot, heavy food. Keep fare light; think bite-size sandwiches, salads and fruit. You can even switch up the classic cheese and meat tray by creating sandwich kabobs with meat, cherry tomatoes, basil, cheese and bread. Kids and adults both will love these savory treats.
6. Make This: Watercolor Tablecloth/Picnic Blanket. Create a stylish conversation starter among guests with this hand-painted watercolor tablecloth (or picnic blanket!) made from a canvas drop cloth and water-based paint.
Brought to you by J.Jill. Helping you feel good and look great is what we do. We design easy, relaxed, inspired style for Misses, Petite, Women’s and Tall. You could say we make getting dressed a breeze.