Kayla Kitts

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Aug 11

Caption This: Episode 6

Save the date! This Monday at 9/8c the designers pull off a wedding reception in just 2 days. Cathy and mentor David Bromstad take¬† a break from the planning action…how would you caption this photo from episode six?

Cathy and David

Posted at 10:53 am

352 Comments

1. This caption looks like HGTV's attempt to clean up Cathy's image. Of all the pictures you could have chosen, WHY THIS ONE?

You put our favorite star and the MOST LIKED of all DS seasons (David B.) arm in arm with the LEAST LIKED DS contestant, Cathy of all seasons (up to date anyway). And you want us to comment on it? Are you serious? This is a joke! TALK ABOUT THE MOST OBVIOUS STAGED PHOTO PICKED EVER!! I think I'm insulted. No thanks.

fanfair123 on August 11, 2011 at 7:11 am
  2. AND FURTHERMORE, I DON'T APPRECIATE HGTV TREATING ME LIKE I AM YOUR PUPPET. I am not going to REACT for you the way you THOUGHT your viewers would! I suggest the rest of you who post here do the same. DON'T GIVE HGTV THE SATISFACTION!

fanfair123 on August 11, 2011 at 7:16 am
  3. sigh. Cathy should not be in this picture. she should be gone instesd of tyler.
    tyler was a really good designer with great taste. that was his first slip up and he left.
    Kevin should have left considering he has been in the bottom like 3 times

J.B on August 11, 2011 at 7:29 am
  4. David: "Cathy, my dear, let me show you the way to the exit door!"

CplusE on August 11, 2011 at 7:31 am
    • LOL! Funny :) I can totally picture David talking in that manner. Maybe without the exclamation at the end. But I still stand by what I said earlier. HGTV just wants to see their viewers all worked up and I don't like it. =/

fanfair123 on August 11, 2011 at 7:51 am
      • I figured even David would not be able to keep the enthusiasm out of his voice for that task — hence the exclamation point. I've tried to stay away from the Cathy brouhaha, and haven't even posted here since two weeks ago in an attempt to avoid it, but this picture was just too much so I had to add a believable caption to it.

CplusE on August 11, 2011 at 8:07 am
        • Yeah, I hear ya. Good call on staying away. I just want HGTV to improve their way of creating content and programming. I doubt they are reading though.

But well done on the caption!

fanfair123 on August 11, 2011 at 8:14 am
    • I LOVE THIS!!!!! LET US ONLY HOPE IT IS NEXT WEEK…….

DAN on August 11, 2011 at 10:20 am
  5. "The Cathy Show" (similar to Tabatha's Salon Takeover) She marches into your place of employment, demanding that the boss make the place more hospitable for the employees…I mean, I would definitely watch THAT! It would be hysterical and a good way for her to channel all that CRAZY!

Jeff on August 11, 2011 at 8:02 am
  6. "Oh, David, you are so inferior to me. Soon, I'll take over YOUR show!!!!"

Sue Hamilton on August 11, 2011 at 8:04 am
    • That is so true. She thinks the world of design revolves aroun her. I hope she goes soon! I could not watch a show of hers she looks like a horse when she smiles. All teeth!

Tam on August 11, 2011 at 8:35 am
  7. Please go back and read the caption from the first reponse by CplusE!
    The producers have let down the design audience and tried to make this into a silly, personality competition similar to other reality shows. They should build a campfire and start carrying spears to the vote-off episode!

Bee on August 11, 2011 at 8:19 am
  8. "Oh David PLEASE help me I have NO taste!"

kristi on August 11, 2011 at 8:37 am
  9. my caption:
    You're my inspiration to design a room as you have all the great things to love about a room

mythoughts on August 11, 2011 at 9:08 am
  10. I find it funny that so many people are against Cathy. I do wonder what is this world coming too, no I do not like everything she does however, it is a Design Show ……… who doesn't let there hair down from time to time.Vern and David knows exactly what to do with Miss Cathy. The caption should read, " Cathy you are finally letting us see the real you."

Dee on August 11, 2011 at 9:09 am