Kayla Kitts

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Sep 9

Sneak Peek: Finale!

It’s Karl versus Meg as the designers face one last test: Do a makeover for a deserving family and create a TV pilot. Who will succeed to become the next Design Star? See exclusive scenes from Monday’s episode.

Karl Vs Meg

Who do you think will be the next Design Star? Tell us in the comments below.

Posted at 6:10 pm

238 Comments

1. Both are great designers. They have different styles. Megs is more homey. Karl is more traditional.
    My preference is Doug. I loved his details. They were the BEST I have ever seen on Design Star. (Sorry David) I still love Color Splash. Meg Is great. Karl is great. You could have flipped a coin. I hope to see them both again.

Victoria on September 13, 2011 at 11:37 am
  2. Where is his website? I'd really like to see more from him

justafan2 on September 13, 2011 at 4:57 pm
    • karlsponholtzdesign.com. Consider me Justanotherfan! ;)

KCMary on September 14, 2011 at 4:59 pm
  3. meg will do well , I hope i was pulling for her! so glad kathy was not the one.She mad me mad just looking at her,so nose up in the air,better than anybody {no your not] thanks donna sabin

donna sabin on September 13, 2011 at 11:50 pm
  4. I totally agree. Mark is the better designer this year. Last year I totally disliked Antonio and I have refused to watch his show this year. In fact, I don't like to watch anything he is on. I don't plan to watch meg. I thought her bright green in the "little house" was hideous. Karl put much more effective thought into his planning. He had by far the bet plan in which one could comfortably live. What a disappointment Meg is as the winner!!

Peggy on September 15, 2011 at 7:17 am
  5. We have to say our friends and family, as well, as my husband and I were disappointed that Karl didn't win. Karl would have been a GREAT choice, and his talents exceed those of several of HDTV's judges, except for Candice, great lady. Yes, Karl was a little shy and humble, but that was part of his charm. Karl has such a capacity to decorate, and he brought such a fresh flavor into his creations. Good luck Karl! We know you will succeed on your journey as an accomplished designer.

As for Meg, she is a bit to unpolished to hold the interest of a large auience, lacks pizzazz. We have totally given up on HDTV's voting choices the last two years. Couldn't the judges see that Meg was gasping for air when she spoke? We wanted to breathe for her as she babbled on. Someone . . . please give that lady some oxygen.

Enough of our 'rather rude but true' comments . . . and thanks for reading our thoughts.
    The Sylvias, and our friends and family.

Loretta and Bill on September 15, 2011 at 1:04 pm
  6. I stopped watching Design Star the season after the lovely & creative Jennifer won. The network wasn’t happy we picked her, didn’t back her up with a healthy budget for the show or enough publicity. They “premiered” her show during the day, instead of at night like all the rest & only showed 1 or 2 episodes. The next season of Design Star they changed the rules, the other 2 judges (Cynthia Rowley being 1) & we no longer voted for who we wanted to watched. Mom kept me up to speed & I can’t BELIEVE they picked a designer that couldn’t finish her rooms half the time. I did see the tiny house episode; well my tiny house WOULD look twice as big as the other two if it had NO STORAGE! I’ve NEVER seen so many negative comments towards a winner in ANY contest so its ABUNDANTLY clear that MOST people didn’t like her “talent”. It’s all fixed! But if we don’t watch…maybe they’ll see they DON’T know what we WANT to watch…GOOD & CREATIVE design!!! Another HGTV show I won’t watch!!!

Kara on September 19, 2011 at 11:27 am