Kayla Kitts

Contributor to HGTVersus

Sep 9

Sneak Peek: Finale!

It’s Karl versus Meg as the designers face one last test: Do a makeover for a deserving family and create a TV pilot. Who will succeed to become the next Design Star? See exclusive scenes from Monday’s episode.

Karl Vs Meg

Who do you think will be the next Design Star? Tell us in the comments below.

Posted at 6:10 pm

238 Comments

1. My friends and I will NOT watch a MEG show. If she wins her show will flop quickly. She's not talented and her voice is so irratating. Her supposedly "bubbly" personality get OLD real, real quick.

Here's hoping the real design star wins…KARL.

Joanna on September 9, 2011 at 6:05 pm
  2. All of you meg fans need to stop disliking the posts just because the folks are rootin for who they like (minus the mean posts about her) because no one should be mean even if you don't plan on watching their show.

Joan on September 9, 2011 at 6:20 pm
    • I agree i'm a big fan of Mark and I don't get upset if I read mean comments about him and I will never stop reading many more post to come and most of all I will never feel bad about the people who posts mean posts coz they're just expressing their opinions

bernie on September 11, 2011 at 9:53 am
    • Karl has been my pick since the beginning, but Meg's fans have every right to dislike some of the posts about her. Even as a Karl supporter I have given thumbs down to a lot of the posts about Meg. I don't like the nastiness of a lot of the people posting. If Meg wins, guess what, I certainly will give her show a try. If Karl loses I will feel sorry for him, just I have felt sorry for everyone that was eliminated up to this point. This is a dream for everyone of these people and it has to hurt to see your dream go up in smoke. I see no reason in adding further hurt by posting hateful remarks.

sharon on September 11, 2011 at 9:59 am
  3. CHICago…CHIC….Baby! All the way!!! Go KARL!!! You can do it!

Fanny on September 9, 2011 at 10:03 pm
  4. I see no reason to be mean here. Other than Cathy, I had a good time watching each of the conrestants. Having said that, I am hoping Karl wins! I really liked all his designs but the master bedroom blew me away! I also loved his tiny house design best! Contrary to the views expressed by Candace, I felt the color contrast helped to delineate the spaces, something not easy to do in so tiny a space to begin with! I liked that feeling of distinct spaces for different functions.
    Good luck Karl! It will be a pleasure to watch your show!

Cowlady on September 10, 2011 at 4:10 am
    • one wall would have done it though

susyn dragness on September 10, 2011 at 9:22 am
      • I'm sure. But that truly is a matter of personal preference. His space is stylish, livable and functional. Can't say so much for another space I won't go into…

Kristen on September 10, 2011 at 9:26 am
  5. hope karl wins, i think he's the best choice..very talented, he could do my home anytime..

marie on September 10, 2011 at 4:58 am
  6. I think Meg will win because she looks like she has had a make over for the final. I remember they cleaned up Antonio when he won. In both cases, the better designer will lose.

Betty on September 10, 2011 at 5:32 am
    • Yes. She did get a make over. Looked nice in that photo with Karl.
      Too bad her design talent doesn't measure up – She's not even in the league with Antonio (his style is quite different but still has talent) IMO

Carrie on September 10, 2011 at 6:29 am
      • Ha yes, Meg has had a makeover which she needed for sure. It doesn't matter to me because if she gets her own show I could never watch it all the way through, she is not a good designer and is annoying.

Nancy on September 10, 2011 at 9:05 am
        • I meant that her spruced up appearance was a clue that she won. I certainly don't think she is a better designer than Kar.

Betty on September 10, 2011 at 10:39 am
  7. I'm pulling for Karl. He has a better persona for TV and a lot of unique ideas for his spaces. Karl has shown some great painting techniques and his tile backsplash was beautiful. Meg has come up really short a number of times (no pun intended).

Does anyone else think that Tanika is unnecessary for the show? Any of the other stars of the show could take on what she does (which is quite minimal). Really, her role is pointless.

Valerie on September 10, 2011 at 5:55 am
    • I agree about Tanika. I liked Clive Pearse better. He was sooooo much more dramatic.

Tyler Fan on September 10, 2011 at 8:25 am
    • Omg! I have been thinking the same thing for weeks. They should have had David Bromstadt do it.

Marlese14 on September 11, 2011 at 7:32 am
  8. Producers: You have all failed this season to provide us with any reality. The point of reality TV is to make the show believable and have your viewers come along for the ride. There isn't a competition in the world that would choose Meg over Karl for a design contest. This is anything but real. A MAJOR FAIL.

Joan on September 10, 2011 at 7:19 am
    • Change the chanel then! Every show involving competition does not a reality show make. It's wonderful Producers.

Marlese14 on September 11, 2011 at 7:38 am
  9. I am going for Karl but i wish Tyler had made it this far… He was my favorite from the start. I almost cried when he was eliminated… He he, i guess you could call me obsessed. : )

Tyler Fan on September 10, 2011 at 8:23 am
    • Tyler was a good designer. I was confused on why he left.

Libby on September 10, 2011 at 9:15 am
    • Im a Tyler fan 2 he should get a second chance

J.B on September 10, 2011 at 11:55 am
      • Yeah, I'm hoping he'll come on to HGTV a couple years from now (or sooner) like Todd Davis and Donna Moss (but Donna isn't really a good designer – watch the season 1 vids) Anyway TYLER ROCKS!!!

Tyler Fan on September 10, 2011 at 3:29 pm
        • I love Tyler and thought he should have won the right room challenge… He is great.

Risa on September 10, 2011 at 3:48 pm
  10. when i looked on the bio etc these two are not the best but camera is important. cathy was rude —–. didn't play well with others. mark thinks slow but has great taste. karl could be the package but meds' personality is most fun to watch fyo emily seems angry in her camera stuff now what up???

susyn dragness on September 10, 2011 at 9:20 am
    • think she's probably frustrated that she can't outright piss off the producers and be inconsistent with what's about to come for the finale. this season has been one epic drama after another. i don't think the producers of the show can afford to have one more inconsistency shown on camera. notice how she's playing nice and only blaming the contractor for mark's mistakes. she's really not stating all of what she wants to voice…only the nice stuff. lol!

Candy on September 10, 2011 at 9:30 am
    • and notice how she says, "i think the right THREE were chosen as finalists"…not 2… since she's been vlogging to comment on each of the episodes following the air, you have to wonder why she is all of a sudden saying 3 instead of 2..

Candy on September 10, 2011 at 9:32 am
    • Cathy WAS really rude but there is always someone like her in every season who gets eliminated like halfway through (I thought she was gonna go when tyler did…). I am starting to think HGTV hires someone like that every year without the intention for them to win, jut with the intention to add more "drama" to the show. We don't need it HGTV. Get some real designers in here!! (like Tyler!)

Tyler Fan on September 10, 2011 at 3:34 pm