Kayla Kitts

Contributor to HGTVersus

Sep 14

One More Day to Vote for Your Fan Favorite!

Want to see more of your favorite designer? There’s still one day left to help one Design Star contestant win their own online show right here on HGTV.com.

Mark or Kellie

Mark and Kellie are in the lead -- who do you want to win Design Star fan favorite?

Mark and Kellie are neck-in-neck in the lead, but it’s still anyone’s game! Vote up to 10 times a day until noon tomorrow, then check back here to see who won out.

Vote For Your Favorite Designer Now >>

Posted at 12:34 pm

67 Comments

1. I agree with you!

rin on September 15, 2011 at 11:03 am
  2. So disappointed – have never watched any of the on line shows but would have watched for the first time if it was Karl or Mark. A show with the two of them would be great – as someone else mention – DIY- are you there? Did not think Kellie was a winner with most of her designs nor was Meg. Oh well, more time to watch something else or read on of my great books!

Lynn Thune on September 15, 2011 at 11:44 am
  3. Karl was the only real designer in the show. Meg and the rest are decorators.

Ana on September 15, 2011 at 2:24 pm
  4. it amazes me that everyone who comments has such an invested interest in the decision. as far as the winner of design star Meg, maybe the judges saw more than what the producers included in the show …maybe they got a feel for the "whole" person, maybe they took into consideration lifestyles, commitment, integrity maybe there was more to the winner than just a voice or good design direction. If I were hiring someone to represent my company I would NOT just select them on a few projects, it would be so much more. HGTV has had some great shows we've all loved watching and at other times there are some that didn't strike a cord with us, but they continue to strive to mix it up and make entertaining shows that teach us or inspire us . just because someone you were rooting for didn't win doesn't mean you can't mind your manners, we're grown ups we should be able to live and let live!!

amy m on September 16, 2011 at 9:08 am
  5. Scripps Network Interactive has been aiming to build a multi-billion dollar industry on TV since 1994 when the founders decided to create programs based on Lifestyles Media. They are now going global.

They own , HGTV, DIY, the Food Network, Cooking Channel, Travel Channel, and now GAC (Great American Country). They want to be the gatekeepers on the latest hot trends and pick who they want to promote as a name for fame and glory – everyone from Paula Deen, Rachel Ray and Bobby Flay are owned by Scripps.

When one group of people monopolizes an industry that has such a huge impact on our lives and society, it is just another tool to control the masses through cultivating and influencing what it is we 'should' like, what we 'should' buy, and how we 'should' live.

That's a lot of power. So before you click on that remote control of yours to any of their network channels, keep in mind that someone is watching you. All of your thoughts and actions are being 'guided' by those who might not always have your best interest at heart. They kind of remind me of that cartoon show, "Pinky and the Brain." LOL!

I wanted to say this before I sign off HGTV for good. Not interested in gimmicks and would rather have the freedom of my mind to pick and choose what I like and what is of best interest for me, thank you. Will go read a good book from now on.

One Last Note on September 16, 2011 at 9:10 am
  6. Meg Really!!! I'm such a big fan of HGTV but I too am very disappointed in their choice. I think Meg should consider a different career, she studied criminology after all, and that would be a better use of her time. There is no way I am watching her stupid ill contrived show.

Irene on September 19, 2011 at 1:37 pm
  7. Has anyone seen Megs new show? I seen it last night out of curiosity and wasn't impressed…. again very cluttered… I thought shelves were overkill to much on them filled to the max… the bamboo rods she hung on the walls were hideous….tacky….. to much wallpaper or whatever it was with a bold design way to much…. her design wasn't all that impressive…. they showed last weeks also and I didn't think that was so grand either….I was just curious to see what anyone thought??? the bamboo rods she hung on the walls were hideous….tacky….

Michelle on September 25, 2011 at 6:20 am
  8. Donna Moss is not a Professional Interior Designer.I thought HGTV hired only professional interior designers. Donna Needs to call herself a Decorator only.

sherry on October 1, 2011 at 10:35 am