Kayla Kitts

Contributor to HGTVersus

Sep 15

Your Design Star Fan Favorite Is…

Drumroll please…this year’s Design Star fan favorite is…Kellie! Throughout the season, this mother of two from Edmond, Okla., won viewers’ hearts with her “warm contemporary” style and equally warm personality. Mark came in at a very close second.

Kellie Clements: Fan Vote Winner

Congratulations, Kellie! Check back here soon for updates about Kellie’s new online show.

Update: Thanks to all who voted for the Design Star fan favorite this year!  We had more than 1.2 million votes total, and while Mark netted lots of votes towards the end of the competition, it wasn’t enough to topple Kellie’s lead.

Posted at 11:50 am

495 Comments

1. WOOOO HOOO !!!! WTG KELLIE!!

LEAH on September 15, 2011 at 8:19 am
  2. I can't believe this…..what the hell is HGTV doing? Don't they see that Mark has been the favorite….both on the show and online by far??????? Are they trying to block him???

Sense on September 15, 2011 at 8:20 am
    • I actuallly think Kellie was in the lead as fan favorite during the whole show….. actually wish Mark would have stayed instead of Karl.

tinfl on September 15, 2011 at 8:34 am
  3. OK – I don't want to get fanatical here. I just want to express my deep dissappointment about this entire Design Star experience. I'm not a Meg Believer even though she made ONE great room at the end. I think her knowledge is a bit shallow. And I feel the same way about Kellie. I was at least hoping for a Mark or a Karl fan favorite show. Personalit plus True Design talent is what i was hoping for. I feel HGTV has left the viewers with One hit wonders – if that.

Karen on September 15, 2011 at 8:26 am
  4. Congratulations to all of the designers for jumping in and following their hearts and allowing us to tag along watching. It's hard to put yourself out there and no matter the result you all won with the friendships and connections that came of this. Kellie, go inspire the world and Mark keep pushing forward making yourself and others happy through your work. You all have a gift to share with the world! So get out there!

Shannon on September 15, 2011 at 8:26 am
  5. YAY!!!!!!! SO HAPPY SHE WON!

Jessica on September 15, 2011 at 8:27 am
  6. Awesome, she totally deserved to win it. HGTV is bound by law to have a fair online voting system. The fans chose her

Natalie on September 15, 2011 at 8:28 am
  7. I don't think I will ever watch HGTV again! Mark was robbed! He was up there tied with Kellie for days, He should have been thhis years Design Star. I am Maddd!!!!!!

Judith on September 15, 2011 at 8:29 am
  8. Kellie has such a sweet spirit. so glad she won

Waynette on September 15, 2011 at 8:29 am
    • We don't vote for "sweet spirits". We vote for great designers, which she has never been, and will never be!

salviati2 on September 15, 2011 at 8:33 am
  9. Could not be happier it was Kellie who won. She will make everyone proud

Jessie on September 15, 2011 at 8:30 am
  10. So excited! I've loved Kellies designs from the beginning…she offers insight that can actually be implemented in most of our homes. I will DEFINItELY watch this!

Amanda on September 15, 2011 at 8:30 am