Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jun 6

Design Star How-To: Paint a Chevron-Patterned Dresser

Design Star fans always ask: “How did so-and-so make that backsplash?” and  “How can I make my walls look like that guy’s room from the show?” This year, we listened! Remember Rachel’s super-trendy chevron-painted dressers?

Rachel Kate's Winning White Room Challenge Space

Rachel's Winning White Room Challenge Space

Design Star design producer and HGTV.com contributor Brian Patrick Flynn shows you everything you need to know to prep, paint and finish a chevron-patterned dresser at home. Looks great in purple, pink and white, no?

Brian Patrick Flynn's Chevron-Patterned Dresser

Ready to learn how? Watch the video to get his tips after the jump.

Get the full step-by-step instructions for Rachel’s chevron dresser here. Stay tuned for more how-tos throughout the Design Star season!

Posted at 5:07 pm

10 Comments

1. As Rachel said, " it doesn't take much talent!"

So why are the judges gushing over this simple nonsense?

erikcreature on June 6, 2012 at 3:17 pm
  2. It might not take a ton of talent to paint the design, but it does take a good eye to put it all together. It takes talent to understand color and pattern and how they can be successful together.

sfbeegirl on June 6, 2012 at 5:12 pm
  3. Obsessed with this and I can't wait to try it!

Rae on June 7, 2012 at 10:54 am
  4. I would like to know what kind of rug they used for the White Room Challenge ? I need something like that to fill up my tall cathedral ceiling wall… I too, could use the colors of my living room to make some kind
    of statement !! I have been looking for something to do with my big blank wall…. Nice job Miera !

Nicole on June 8, 2012 at 8:19 am
  5. Love! Love! Rachel's room. It really does take talent & an eye for design to do what she did. I disagree with Genieve's comment on the Owl's that room was nicely put together. Thanks for the great ideas & how to do it video.

Alexis on June 10, 2012 at 5:30 pm
  6. The judges are gushing, because not only does it take talent, but it also takes creativity–and guts.

Donna on June 11, 2012 at 5:51 pm
  7. Can you please post how to paint the moroccan symbol in the room with the chevron dressers. Love it!!

Niki on June 11, 2012 at 7:50 pm
  8. Where can I get Rachel's Fashion Model artwork in episode 2?
    Beautiful… Just Beautiful !!!!!

Donna on June 12, 2012 at 7:10 pm
  9. i LOVE that fashion model artwork as well, and am trying to search where i buy it as well. Anyone?

Dawn on June 15, 2012 at 6:14 am
  10. What color is the green paint?

Kama on April 20, 2013 at 8:38 pm