Liz Gray

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Jul 9

Caption This: Episode 7

This week, the final four designers face off as they decorate condos from the ground up and test their on-camera skills in front of a live audience. But they’re not the only ones facing off: What’s going on in this picture with David, the design panel and guest judge and Design Star season 6 winner Meg Caswell? Write your best caption in the comments below.

The Final Four Designers and Judges Face Off

Posted at 4:24 pm

31 Comments

1. Meg, I didn't know you were a member of the Red Hat Ladies!

Corvette Lady on July 9, 2012 at 7:22 pm
    • Really…Meg. I hate her shows. They are really bad.

Wendy on July 11, 2012 at 4:20 pm
      • Not true, I mean sure they are not one of the best shows on HGTV, but they aren't bad.

Sara on July 15, 2012 at 3:35 pm
  2. Red Rover, Red Rover Let Brittany Come Over!

Sally on July 9, 2012 at 7:31 pm
  3. "Now, grab your partners and do-si-do!"

Polarstar on July 9, 2012 at 8:56 pm
  4. "Meg, don't imitate me while I'm trying to explain the next design challenge. It's so rude!"

Polarstar on July 9, 2012 at 9:06 pm
  5. I gues I will miss the judging part of the show. I can't stand Meg and change channels every time her ad comes on

Frank on July 10, 2012 at 12:08 pm
    • Meg is pretty good as a designer, but how she could have won the "on-screen" part is a huge mystery to me. She's so wooden and never looks comfortable in her own skin. At least this season, the finalists seem to have issues they can actually work on and improve, given time.

D.L. on July 10, 2012 at 5:57 pm
    • TOTALLY agree! I could not believe she won last year…she is AWFUL!

Marsh on July 11, 2012 at 10:59 am
      • Harsh!!!

Sidney on July 15, 2012 at 3:36 pm
    • OMG! Why does everybody hate Meg??????

Sam on July 15, 2012 at 3:37 pm
    • I'm on the "can't stand Meg" bandwagon! When I see her commercial come on I'm so disgusted. It motivated me to Google on "can't stand Meg HGTV" and sure enough I see I have lots of company. Also, what's up with the gun imagery – that's not cute at all. I actually watched her show once just to confirm how bad she is. It's also strange that the judges are future competitors of the winner, all wanting to keep their good shows, so it's not altogether believable that they pick who they think will be the best "star." The judges viewed her as "the girl next door" – why would viewers want to watch the girl next door on TV?

Linea on August 8, 2012 at 3:41 pm
  6. Look judges, Britney is smiling!!! She was during her challenge too!

Julie on July 10, 2012 at 5:57 pm
    • was and is

maria on July 11, 2012 at 4:07 pm
  7. Goodbye Mikel. Brittany, I love your room and the yellow. Hilari, so, so on room. Big thumb up on camera challenge. Dannelle, it should not matter if a glass table was not available. Shift gears. Add a punch of color with chairs or rug and that dark table. Work on your time management or this maybe your last episode. Try walking and thinking at the same time!!!! Muti-task. Good luck next episode, ladies.

PatN on July 10, 2012 at 6:11 pm
  8. Lame. This season is the lamest so far. Lame lame lame.
    Seriously, can we get anymore plain vanilla?
    No talent… no drama.. Maybe next it will be
    No show? lol

Producers didn't listen to anything the viewers said last season.
    For one, not many people wanted to watch Meg last season and somehow she ends up as a guest judge this season! How insulting that she gets to be a judge when in 10 seasons it's been airing, not ONE (not even DBromstad) has been a guest judge before!

I really made the right decision to stop watching so much HGTV. I was busy CLEANING and caught the last 5 minutes of tonight's show. Glad I didn't miss a thing!

Passing Thru on July 10, 2012 at 6:13 pm
    • Sure, you were "cleaning". HGTV has design shows!!! So if you want drama go to a DIFFERENT channel.

Realtiy Calling on July 15, 2012 at 3:40 pm
  9. Oh and I guess the theme this is year is "monochromatic."
    Seems to capture both the level of personality/talent as well as who's left on the show for the finale.

Passing Thru on July 10, 2012 at 6:19 pm
  10. episode 7: "Color Me Bad"

jeston_Whitacre on July 10, 2012 at 8:51 pm