Liz Gray

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Jul 9

Caption This: Episode 7

This week, the final four designers face off as they decorate condos from the ground up and test their on-camera skills in front of a live audience. But they’re not the only ones facing off: What’s going on in this picture with David, the design panel and guest judge and Design Star season 6 winner Meg Caswell? Write your best caption in the comments below.

The Final Four Designers and Judges Face Off

Posted at 4:24 pm

31 Comments

1. Britany needs to win.She has the best talent of being a designer. The judges say her design is the same each time but I don't think so. Every episode she hasn't failed in anything like the other 2 has. Danielle looks like she would have a breakdown if she had her own show .She can't even manage her time well or deal with stress well either. David B. Needs to be a judge for at least the final episode!

Hgtv fan on July 10, 2012 at 9:02 pm
    • AGREE

Sidney on July 15, 2012 at 3:41 pm
  2. i liked mikel's green color choice. it wasn't a "bright" or "in your face" color. i also liked brittany's blue walls to go with her designated yellow color. mikel was right last week about the red wallpaper in the kitchen, which shows he does have a great future once he does a little refining. i like hilari & a lot of her ideas, but she does need to do some final editing. danielle has time management & execution issues that have not improved. britany should win. maybe it would be helpful if she could practice more in front of a camera & have a mirror attached so she could see what the judges see. it would also be great if we could all see the camera challenges in full so we could see what the judges see.

terry on July 10, 2012 at 10:02 pm
  3. Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

Judy on July 11, 2012 at 5:56 am
  4. Last nite was a big disappointment for me. None of the designers were really good. I liked Britany's room the best. David looks like he wants Danielle to win. I would not watch her show. She is to nervous and can't seem to come to a decision. Why doesn't HGTV come up with a contest for best garden? The garden in HGTV is gone. Where have all the other winners gone? Get some real life shows and show designs that everyone could afford to do.

stoopdown on July 11, 2012 at 5:56 am
    • Bravo. Well said. This year is not that exciting. I have seen each season, but really….after DB, who can compete?

Wendy on July 11, 2012 at 4:18 pm
  5. First the booted the right person. Mikal just never seemed up to the challenge! As for the other three, I liked each of the rooms equally and had a tough choice picking my clear winner.

Here's a concept for you: ONE SHOW, ALL THREE OF THESE LADIES!

That I would tune in weekly to see. Basically their design styles are similiar, they may not think so but they are. Each different just enough to compliment the others styles nicely and at the same time challenge the others. They all have things to learn but at the same time they can teach each other.

If Ihad to pick one winner: Brittany!

edna on July 11, 2012 at 6:58 am
  6. No question at all – Brittany is clearly the best designer of the entire show. She has been clearly the best from the start. And the most creative on her own. She can create a room – not just SHOP a room. There is a difference. That is what I have always enjoyed about David. I hope the Design Star people read these blogs – so they can see what people think about show. Anyway – Go Brittany !

Jo on July 11, 2012 at 11:36 am
  7. I love Meg's show. I'd be very comfortable living in a room she creates. She listens to her clients and then translates it into their dream room. She deserved to be there. My favorite was Danielle's room. She',s learning each week and I like her designs. I would watch her show!

Judy on July 12, 2012 at 12:04 pm
  8. I think Danielle is going to win! I mean, I love all the others but, she has had the best season. Starting in 2nd, falling down, but picking herself back up to the top. She might of fallen this episode, but I believe that she can pick herself up again.

Ginny on July 14, 2012 at 10:56 am
  9. There can only be ONE winner and even though I like them all about the same, out of Brittany,Danielle and Hilar, I think that the best designer is Brittany. She has Style, Taste, Time Mangement and she just needs to be a bit better on camra and she will win it for sure, and D.B. needs to be on for the next ep. !!!!!!:D

Jenna : ) on July 15, 2012 at 3:48 pm
  10. I like Danielle the best,i really like whats shes done.And i'm wondering why they show so much, House Hunters. I'm sick of that show,thats all thats on anymore. :( Not a Happy Camper

Paula on July 15, 2012 at 7:44 pm