Liz Gray

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Jul 18

David on Ep 8: “A Fantasy Room? Not So Much”

Host David Bromstad Challenge Delivery

Find out what David thought Hilari’s biggest mistake was, plus the best + worst features in Britany and Danielle’s yurts.

Who do you think created the best yurt-turned-bedroom?  What was the biggest design mistake last night? Weigh in in the comments below.

Posted at 9:00 am

124 Comments

1. Britney's yurt was great, I think having a beach bungalow yurt is my fantasy too!

JohnsonsFamily on July 18, 2012 at 7:10 am
  2. I liked Hillari's room the best and was shocked when she was cut. I thought she would win the whole thing.

Perplexed on July 18, 2012 at 7:29 am
    • I disgree. Hillary did little involving originality. She bought a bed and two chairs. The teal drapes looked ship shod and both of the other contestants actually had accomplished something that did not come out of a box.

Alexandra on July 18, 2012 at 4:14 pm
    • I'm with you. I was amazed she was cut.

Rickapolis on July 18, 2012 at 4:31 pm
  3. I thought Britney's was the best, but there were really flaws with all of them. Hilari's covered windows, Danielle's fugly bed and Britney's too edgy look.

I echo my original comment from earlier….David, honey…LOVE you, but that jacket was horrid. Burn it, ASAP. ;)

juliebug04 on July 18, 2012 at 7:47 am
    • And, btw, I know the bed in Hilari's yurt was GORGEOUS, but aren't day beds SMALL?! It looked like only one person could fit on it…that would not be a great place for most world travelers to stay because there are usually at least TWO people. Most day beds that I have seen are basically a modified twin size mattress. But, it truly was a work of art with the beautiful boards surrounding it.

juliebug04 on July 18, 2012 at 7:48 am
      • The design had to be just FANTASY…It didn't say anything about "world travelers"…"World traveler" -was some crazy idea that Danielle came up with on her own (It wasn't part of the criteria). Danielle should have gone HOME!!! Hilari should have STAYED!!!

TheDesignTree on July 18, 2012 at 4:11 pm
        • Ok….even most travelers that are going for a 'FANTASY' experience, there would at least be TWO people, right?? Bed would, therefore, STILL be too small. I don't know of any fantasy trip that would involve me sleeping like a contortionist…

juliebug04 on July 19, 2012 at 4:12 am
    • Have to agree. Watching David's wardrobe this season is entertainment all in itself. That boy has gotten too big for his britches!!

Pamela on July 18, 2012 at 9:25 am
      • Agree, re., "the jacket"—it would be tossed out on "What Not to Wear" by Clinton and Stacy.

Pookie on July 18, 2012 at 10:24 am
  4. Hilari will shine and no one can stop her because she have the will and determination to make things happen. Every thing that is meant to be will manifest itself in due season. I am still waithing to see if her fans will vote for her on line show because we still have a few days left to vote.

shalom on July 18, 2012 at 7:51 am
    • Agreed!!

Deb on July 19, 2012 at 2:01 am
  5. I think Hilari should have her own show. Britney's camera challenge is boring I might stop on her show once for 10sec but once she started speaking I would flip the channel she is boring. Danelle again boring shebites off more than she can chew she cried all the episodes and she cannot edit at the end, and the she cannot convey her idea to her carpenter, come on she got chip he is very good.

Hilari yes had some flaws with the windows but the windows were ugly because of the yurt structure was over them. the only bad comment vern and G had was the spaces on the sides of the bed, couldn't a plant or two help there.

Hilari has the best camera personality. I would watch her sassyness. the other two just fall flat.

Michael Eaton on July 18, 2012 at 8:24 am
  6. I think that I will be comfortable in Danielle's yurt even dough the bed. I'm sure she can be a good design star

Rienne on July 18, 2012 at 8:46 am
  7. I didn't like Danielle's yurt at all–what was that ugly mirror?–even though I usually like her. Hilari should not have gone home.

Stephanie Meyer on July 18, 2012 at 9:03 am
    • Danielle's yurt was great. Yes, the bed was a little tired. I think Danielle will be the next DESIGN STAR. You go Danielle!

Carolyn on July 18, 2012 at 3:18 pm
  8. We loved Hilari's yurt and really loved seeing her personality this season. She always made us laugh and made design accessible and real to us. Why did she go home?! We thought she would take the whole season and were excited to watch a show with her as the host. We didn't like Danielle's design at all, but loved Britney's. Fingers crossed for Britney, but still very sad that we won't see Hilari's bubbly personality every week…

Jillian on July 18, 2012 at 9:13 am
    • The judges critiques were so positive for Hilari, why did she go home? It was my fav!

Deb on July 19, 2012 at 2:04 am
  9. I was also shocked that they voted off Hilari. She was such a natural the entire time. So real, so funny, so charming. She was also a great designer. She can LEARN to "deliver information" on the camera. Maybe she did not "deliver the information" this week because she was gracefully dealing with her carpenter dropping the longevity-thing in the middle of her camera challenge and she had to 'go with the flow'. If something like that happened to Danielle, she's stop and probably cry. Unbelievable mistake. You go Hilari — you soar higher than Design Star and become a star in the REAL design world, not the fake HGTV design-for-the-camera world.

Pamela on July 18, 2012 at 9:22 am
    • Shocked and agree that she has repeatedly delivered both good info, comfort in front of the camera, and beautiful results.

Deb on July 19, 2012 at 2:06 am
    • I agree with you Pamela!

dalene on July 19, 2012 at 3:23 am
  10. Hilari met the challange and truly designed a fantasy bedroom. Her color choice, the antique bed and all the bedding that she piled on – beautiful. Slipper chairs added a welcoming comfortable looking place to relax and her use of silks on the walls made the space so intimate. Danielle's design was not apealing to me and did not fit into the fantasy guideline. It was more a collection of ugly from around the world and the bed was out of proportion with a poor color choice to add to the blunder. I think Hillari and Britney designed the best Yerts. Sorry Hilari won't be in the final challange. Just a PS to David, you are so very cute but your clothes are bringing you down. Your wardrobe is taking away from YOU. Always look in the mirror before you leave for work and think things over twice before going out the door.

MegEvans on July 18, 2012 at 9:49 am