Liz Gray

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Jul 23

Sneak Peek: Season Finale!

Design Star Season Finale

Who will be HGTV’s next Design Star? We’re only a day away from the big reveal. All that’s left: Britany and Danielle must film their show pilots and prove they have what it takes to design and host. Get a sneak peek of the action.

Who do you think will be the winner? Predict away in the comments below.

Posted at 1:10 pm

49 Comments

1. Both designers are very talented… but, I must say based on the FINAL design in the "sneak peek", I would select Britany. While her design style may have been used in each of the challenges, I still think that her design talent outweighs Danielle. Danielle had some beautiful rooms as well, but overall Britany brought it (with the exception of the yurt..even though I did like the fabric on the ceiling), each and every week!! Good luck to both designers!!! :)

KRJohnson on July 23, 2012 at 9:33 am
  2. My vote is with Danielle. I seriously paused & replayed the end of the episode last week where they previewed the finale. When they show the 2 girls hugging and the confetti coming down, you can see Britany's face, but not really Danielle's. Britany is smiling, but IMO, it's more of an 'I'm being a good sport' smile, vs 'I just won Design Star' smile. I think Danielle was crying- possibly why they didn't really show her face in the clip. Also, I think Danielle's camera challenges have been consistently improving, and Britany's haven't. They're both awesome, but I'm definitely on Team Danielle. Excited for the finale!

Kris on July 23, 2012 at 10:08 am
  3. Design aside, I believe that both Britany and Danielle are extremely fashionable!!! If you're a fashionista, this show has definitely been difficult to watch without having a little fashion therapy!!! Thanks ladies for carrying yourselves with such decorum and with such a flare for fashion. Irrespective of the outcome, hopefully, this level of exposure of your talent will prove to propel your career in design and/ or photography forward!!!!

MirrorMirror12 on July 23, 2012 at 11:10 am
  4. Wow Kris I knew that I wasn't the only one that spotted that at the end of the show. However what I saw was Danielle giving Brittany the congrat type hug because the look all over Danielle's face told me that Brittany had won. You've noticed that since the end of the show when they play that promo spot they don't show the end hugs anymore.

Diann on July 23, 2012 at 11:31 am
  5. It's a tired plea at this point, and falling upon deaf ears at HGTV: We do want to see camera challenges on DS. we want to see great design work. Wait til next year?

erikcreature on July 23, 2012 at 11:58 am
    • Meant "Don't" want to see camera challenges!

erikcreature on July 23, 2012 at 12:16 pm
  6. My opinion there should be a dual team show with both of these talented women. It would change things up a bit and give more than one opinion! Looking forward to the finale. One of the best seasons yet.

Mommheart on July 23, 2012 at 12:14 pm
  7. I REALLY hope Britany wins. She is so deserving of this, she has done amazing projects the whole show. Did anyone else notice that they recreate Britany's cool design element on the How To tips almost every time? It would be a real shame for the network if she doesn't win. Danielle should have been sent home several times so far, and especially last week.

I LOVE DS on July 23, 2012 at 12:14 pm
  8. DANIELLE HAS THE ABILITY TO INCORPORATE UNIQIUE ITEMS, IDEAS, AND THE ABILITY TO
    CHANGE HER IDEAS, AND STILL PRODUCE BEAUTIFUL IDEAS.. AS WELL AS A VERY, VERY
    PERSONAL STYLE.. SHE IS THE ONE!!

ESTHER

ESHTER on July 23, 2012 at 2:20 pm
  9. LISTEN UP BRITANY IS THE BEST I HAVE BEEN ROOTING FOR HER THE WHOLE TIME SHE IS GOING
    TO WIN…..DANIELLE KISS THIS TITLE A GOOD BYE…….(DANIELLE SHOULD BE HERE IT SHOUD
    BE THE WINNER BRITANY)

Tina on July 23, 2012 at 4:17 pm
  10. Danielle needs to win so many blond blue girls on hgtv already. I hope they add some color this year! In more ways than one! BIG Hugz to both!!

LA Design guy on July 23, 2012 at 5:09 pm
    • I agree that Danielle is the better designer and it would be robbery and rascism will be apparent on hgtv if she doesn't win.

Georgia girl on July 24, 2012 at 1:50 pm
    • I agree- There was the girl from a number of seasons ago (she never even ended up with her own show; she was pregnant and never heard from again) and Emily Henderson- Britany looks exactly like her! I am rooting for Danielle but I am afraid that it will be Brittany. If it is- I won't watch her show just like I don't watch Emily's.

Abbe Rosner on July 24, 2012 at 5:17 pm